The Qudelix-5K thread
Nov 9, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #4,366 of 4,753
Sherlock, don't update the app either. But whatever.
The web browser extension auto updates.
The iOS app cannot be set to disable auto update for a single app. You would have to do so globally for the whole device and then manually update each other app on the device. This is not at all ideal or desired. And not possible, if changing devices or upgrading and installing the app for the first time later on.

Android users have an advantage that they can disable auto update for singular app.

I am not an android user. But have an ancient first gen Pixel phone that has about 10 minutes of usable battery life that I can dig out to use an old app on.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #4,367 of 4,753
Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #4,368 of 4,753
won't update their fw anymore, updated to 2.3.1 then for the first time i started to get BT lags, never ever i got this before, i could downgrade to 2.3.0 but would have love to downgrade to 2.2.15 but it's not possible and i still get BT lags

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2023 at 12:41 PM Post #4,369 of 4,753
Just currious, why don't you?
According to Qudelix, every single headphone/speaker has to be set to a Flat Reference signal via EQ as that is what "everyone" does.

Personally, I have never come across any headphones or speakers that are perfect and not in need of some sort of EQ or adjustment in some way,.
Sorry, I misspoke. I do use eq, but flat. I don’t adjust from that. But I do also shut off eq with well recorded/mastered stuff. I bounce between the two.

Sound is subjective. IMO, some headphones and speakers sound really good with no eq and well mastered music.

Nov 9, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #4,370 of 4,753
won't update their fw anymore, updated to 2.3.1 then for the first time i started to get BT lags, never ever i got this before, i could downgrade to 2.3.0 but would have love to downgrade to 2.2.15 but it's not possible and i still get BT lags

Why don't you try reporting the malfunction on their forum?
They usually solve it.

They read here, but I don't think we've ever posted.
They do it on their forum.

Nov 9, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #4,372 of 4,753
lag? as in out of sync audio? I never had that issue, on any firmware.

They did adjust their latency settings at one point, and i started to get skips and cut outs, but lowered the setting to balanced and have had no issue.
I use a 5K via Bluetooth to a Apple TV 4K 2022.

Nov 9, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #4,373 of 4,753
Have you tried resetting? Sometimes when my device gets funky after a few fw updates, I reset and that resolves intermittent issues like that.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 7:56 PM Post #4,375 of 4,753
Hello fellow music lovers.

I was looking at some audio gadgets from my "To Buy List" before Black Friday sales,
and I remembered wanting to buy Qudelix-5K. I also discovered that HiBy released HiBy R3 gen 2.
Both devices (Qudelix-5K and HiBy R3 II) use Dual ES9219C chips.

I currently use Centrance BlueDAC (bulky DAC + bulky smartphone)
And I wanted to add some comfort and portability.

So now I'm at a crossroads:
- Do I buy Qudelix-5K? (tiny DAC + bulky smartphone)
- Or do I go with HiBy R3 II? (small DAP) (no smartphone )

All thee of these devices give similiar comfort being used as USB-DAC listening from PC.
But using them without USB gives different experience.

I wanted to ask the music lovers who have been using
both Qudelix-5K and a separate music player (DAP),
which one do you end up using most of the time?

And what are you thoughts on a device from Hiby?
Which of these ES9219C devices may give the better sound?

Qudelix-5K - 52.8 x 26.7 x 15.6 - 25g
HiBy R3 II - 86.9 x 60.6 x 14.5 - 118g
BlueDAC - 110 x 57 x 18 - 125g

Nov 12, 2023 at 8:56 PM Post #4,378 of 4,753
Just currious, why don't you?
According to Qudelix, every single headphone/speaker has to be set to a Flat Reference signal via EQ as that is what "everyone" does.

Personally, I have never come across any headphones or speakers that are perfect and not in need of some sort of EQ or adjustment in some way,.
I've never been across headphones or speakers that need EQ or adjustments. And I'm also never seen Qudelix say that "every single headphone has to be set to a flat reference".

I only use EQ if I want to “improve” certain frequencies. To make a headphone more "neutral", to give a headhphone a "bass boost", or stuff like that. But not that they NEED, or that EVERY headphone has to be set to flat.

I've never used EQ with my Logitech Z623 THX speakers or my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. I use the PEQ of Qudelix for my Dunu Titan S or my Audio Technica MSR7. Not every single headphone or speaker NEED. Not every single headphone or speaker HAS TO BE SET. Is just a preference.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #4,379 of 4,753
I always set "PHONE" volume to the max and only play with the "Qudelix" volume setting, then never touch the volume of my phone but this setting is then lowered by itself like in the picture below, why is that?
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #4,380 of 4,753
I always set "PHONE" volume to the max and only play with the "Qudelix" volume setting, then never touch the volume of my phone but this setting is then lowered by itself like in the picture below, why is that?
Untitled-1.jpg
I would say it's a bug. It has happened to me too but the other way around. I set my Qudelix volume to max, and I just turn up or down my iPhone volume. But sometimes the iPhone volume goes completely up when I turn on my Qudelix, so both volume are at max. A very dangerous bug.

I have to verify now both volumes before putting on my headphones, to avoid hearing damage.

I imagine it's a bug related to using the 5K sometimes as BT DAC and sometimes as USB DAC. I don't know. I wish Qudelix could find a solution. I know they are reading this forum, even when they don't comment. And now I know I'm not the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back