The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 9, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #3,649 of 4,753
And sadly, my 5K has officially died. After a year and a half, it refuses to charge or turn on.

I'm unsure if I'll buy a replacement or see what's been made in the meanwhile.

Dec 9, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #3,650 of 4,753
And sadly, my 5K has officially died. After a year and a half, it refuses to charge or turn on.

Sadly nothing really new either from any company in this product field, except the BTR7, but it's way too big for my taste.

I really hope Qudelix or IFi releases a gen 2 product with the latest bt tech next year.

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:46 PM Post #3,651 of 4,753

At this point I’d rather wait for aptX Lossless BT dongles. But I’d reconsider if my 5K died… I’m not fond of the Go Blu and try to avoid chi-fi as much as possible unless the brands somehow manage to convey they don’t walk in line with the regime. Not leaving much choice apart from the 5K.

Dec 9, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #3,652 of 4,753
At this point I’d rather wait for aptX Lossless BT dongles. But I’d reconsider if my 5K died… I’m not fond of the Go Blu and try to avoid chi-fi as much as possible unless the brands somehow manage to convey they don’t walk in line with the regime. Not leaving much choice apart from the 5K.
Avoiding Chinese companies because they're forced to accept the regime's totalitarianism is... certainly a choice. As for AptX Lossless, as neat as that is, I'm not sure what devices actually use it so for the moment it's a bit of a non-factor.

TBH the main thing keeping me aiming for the 5K is the parametric EQ because I've gotten spoiled by it lmao

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:02 AM Post #3,654 of 4,753
Problem qudelix USB - Bluetooth
For Iphone user be aware of the problem bellow a certain Iphone battery percentage..
I search and discuss with client service (really responsive), order a new one (with same problem).. to understand
So bellow approx 60-70% on your iphone.. you won't be able to connect the 5K by USB as the power provided by the Iphone is no more sufficient for the 5K.
Symptome:
Your iphone will constantly switch between bluetooth and USB.
Music stop when :
- you force the screen to turn off and back to on,
- receive notification
- switch the app (e.g from spotify to Q5 app)
-... shiet..

=> You have to disable the charger controller in the app to cure it.
If you don't have the app .. you're screwed and found it not user friendly .. turn off the charger controller to listen, turn on to power..

It was already written on an article from Qudelix but missed it :frowning2:
Hope it will help some.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #3,656 of 4,753
Update even if you disable the charge controller it does not work.
Qudelix fix this Shiet.
Probably not particularly helpful to your situation/complaint, but might ease your concerns;

I don't think there is a noticible difference in audio quality USB vs Bluetooth. I A/B tested using USB from macbook (playing FLAC 24/96), and bluetooth from iphone (same songs but 320 MP3). Honestly, the difference is imperceptible. Just stick to bluetooth.

Dec 14, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #3,657 of 4,753
I don’t have golden ear but for me the difference is noticeable more open more detailed and bass more controlled.
I’m playing it now with iPhone on 37% battery and impossible to connect by usb.
They have a flaw and need to solve it for the long term. Even if they do not acknowledged

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #3,658 of 4,753
there is a very TINY difference between wired and bluetooth (iphone) IMO. Nothing that would lessen my enjoyment of using the 5k but it is there. I became really aware of it while listening to Permission by Ro James. In the beginning there's a part of the song I can't hear when it's bluetooth but clearly comes through when wired. Interestingly, listening to it on my 5k allowed me to hear that part for the first time. I was totally ignorant of it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back