The Qudelix-5K thread
Nov 14, 2022 at 4:57 PM Post #3,601 of 4,906
I seem to be the only one that hasn't got an issue with the buttons for the price, if it was twice the price I'd raise an eyebrow though
You are not alone as I too have no button problems. Just learned to use it as is, without complaining. I'm old enough to not waste time with small things. For others.......

Nov 14, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #3,602 of 4,906
You are not alone as I too have no button problems. Just learned to use it as is, without complaining. I'm old enough to not waste time with small things. For others.......
Old enough? Bruh don't even try and act like the older generation ain't the ones getting caught on camera hassling restaurant employees and retail workers over "small things". Spoiler, it ain't Zoomers yelling at grocery store cashiers about how their expired coupon for 50 cents off a box of Raisin Nut Bran should be accepted.

Nov 14, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #3,603 of 4,906
Old enough? Bruh don't even try and act like the older generation ain't the ones getting caught on camera hassling restaurant employees and retail workers over "small things". Spoiler, it ain't Zoomers yelling at grocery store cashiers about how their expired coupon for 50 cents off a box of Raisin Nut Bran should be accepted.
Well that escalated quickly

Nov 15, 2022 at 6:03 AM Post #3,605 of 4,906
Sorry to disappoint. I'm just not THAT old guy. Just saying....

Nov 15, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #3,606 of 4,906
Well that escalated quickly
I am not a fan of people who make comments like "well I'm from the good generation, these young people today suck." Especially when it's on a topic this dumb. It's not like any of us here are lying in a corner weeping in misery about the buttons on a bluetooth adapter. We're discussing flaws it might have that could ideally be improved upon in later iterations or what makes a competing product worth a look.

Bringing in this whole "well I'M old enough to not COMPLAIN so much, unlike..." garbage is arrogant, ignorant, and pointless. Just keep the topic on the gear, knock it off with the boomer energy.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #3,609 of 4,906
Oh yes, I'd love a slightly bigger device if it meant more battery life/powerful amp!

Just as long as it doesn't reach the size of the BTR7.

But you won't get slightly bigger. You'll get a bigger, heavier and more expensive device.
So when you talk about improvements, you are just talking about the compromises you care about.

Nov 15, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #3,610 of 4,906
But you won't get slightly bigger. You'll get a bigger, heavier and more expensive device.
So when you talk about improvements, you are just talking about the compromises you care about.

Well, I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to have a larger battery.

The BTR7 seem to be quite popular as well for example.

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #3,611 of 4,906
Well, I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to have a larger battery.

The BTR7 seem to be quite popular as well for example.

Ok but the developer of the qudelix-5k went for lighter, smaller, feature rich, relatively powerful and good sound.
Something closer to the BTR7 would be the opposite of improvement

Nov 15, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #3,612 of 4,906
Ok but the developer of the qudelix-5k went for lighter, smaller, feature rich, relatively powerful and good sound.

All right...

Yes I'm absoluty aware of the 5k and it's size.

My suggestions was for a MK II...

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #3,613 of 4,906
The downside is that its design is already several years old and technology is advancing a lot, and I don't see any improvement projects, not on the bt** side of fiio, but on the side of the qudelix developer himself.

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #3,614 of 4,906
Really all the next iteration would be are two things: a more solid construction and updated codec capability. That's all. Everything else is just about perfect. Sure the BTR5/7 are super sleek and iPhone-inspired but whatever, I'd rather some upgraded internals and aptX-HD/LL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back