The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 5, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #3,257 of 4,753
Sorry for rezing an old comment but I was wondering if you found any solution to this? This is the only thing that is making me miss my BTR3K
Not really, but it's not as big as issue as I feared. I just wear it right side up with 90° cables, or rotated 90° and to the left or right side of the shirt collar with straight cables.

Jun 7, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #3,258 of 4,753
i left my qudelix a side for a while, not updating it and using mainly usb c dac's, today i found about the new FW and stumbled upon the chrome extension

Qudelix literally left many bigger companies speechless with their extension, DUDE you can update the fw through chrome... while many companies cannot provide FW update to mac or have to rely on bin files and (obsolete) download processes. truly the people on qudelix are innovating. i wish other companies follow their way

Jun 7, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #3,259 of 4,753
i left my qudelix a side for a while, not updating it and using mainly usb c dac's, today i found about the new FW and stumbled upon the chrome extension

Qudelix literally left many bigger companies speechless with their extension, DUDE you can update the fw through chrome... while many companies cannot provide FW update to mac or have to rely on bin files and (obsolete) download processes. truly the people on qudelix are innovating. i wish other companies follow their way
It’s incredible. This device is worth every red cent and I use it every single day.

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #3,260 of 4,753
Not really, but it's not as big as issue as I feared. I just wear it right side up with 90° cables, or rotated 90° and to the left or right side of the shirt collar with straight cables.
I ended up buying some badge magnets to try. Tomorrow will be the first test day but so far seems like it will be better then using the clip for me

Jun 7, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #3,261 of 4,753

I just started using the PEQ setting and that mixed with squig autoEQ is really fun!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #3,265 of 4,753
EDIT: Never mind - I just used the app on my phone, connected via BT, to update the firmware on the Q5K. Now, the Qudelix Chrome Extension is at least displaying info about the Q5K - even if it wouldn't update the firmware.

How long is it taking the Qudelix Chrome Extension to update the firmware on your Q5K?

On a Windows 10 Enterprise PC -
1.) Installed the Qudelix Chrome Extension
2.) Launched the extension
3.) Connected my Q5K to the PC, via USB 3.0
4.) Clicked on "Connect Device" in the extension
5.) Saw pop-up window, informing me that a firmware update is available
6.) Clicked OK do the update
7.) Sitting here for 3 or 4 minutes now, looking at the Firmware Update box, that says:
Initiating the new firmware transfer. Please wait for a while until getting ready to transfer. This may take 10~20 sec.
Initiating... 0%

EDIT: At some time during the last 5 minutes, the red light on the side of the Q5K went from ON to OFF - but the device is still detected by the PC, and the extension is still displaying the same as above. The Q5K will not connect to my phone (LG V35), even though it is paired, and connected previously.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #3,266 of 4,753
EDIT: Never mind - I just used the app on my phone, connected via BT, to update the firmware on the Q5K. Now, the Qudelix Chrome Extension is at least displaying info about the Q5K - even if it wouldn't update the firmware.

How long is it taking the Qudelix Chrome Extension to update the firmware on your Q5K?

On a Windows 10 Enterprise PC -
1.) Installed the Qudelix Chrome Extension
2.) Launched the extension
3.) Connected my Q5K to the PC, via USB 3.0
4.) Clicked on "Connect Device" in the extension
5.) Saw pop-up window, informing me that a firmware update is available
6.) Clicked OK do the update
7.) Sitting here for 3 or 4 minutes now, looking at the Firmware Update box, that says:
Initiating the new firmware transfer. Please wait for a while until getting ready to transfer. This may take 10~20 sec.
Initiating... 0%

EDIT: At some time during the last 5 minutes, the red light on the side of the Q5K went from ON to OFF - but the device is still detected by the PC, and the extension is still displaying the same as above. The Q5K will not connect to my phone (LG V35), even though it is paired, and connected previously.
It usually takes less than a minute. you should try disconnecting and reconnecting and trying the update again.

Jun 12, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #3,267 of 4,753
Any way to get LDAC 660kbps working always by default on a Galaxy Note9? Only once I go into developer options and manually change the quality to 660kbps then bits per sample to 16 or 24-bit (has to be done in that order; bits per sample seems to reload the BT audio service, which allows the new bitrate to take effect) can I get 660 or 990kbps working, and this has to be done every single time I connect the Q5K. Otherwise it just defaults to 330kbps. I guess this is almost certainly more of a phone issue than an issue with the Q5K, but I figure it's worth asking here. I really hope this isn't something you have to do on every phone...

Jun 12, 2022 at 11:29 AM Post #3,268 of 4,753
Any way to get LDAC 660kbps working always by default on a Galaxy Note9? Only once I go into developer options and manually change the quality to 660kbps then bits per sample to 16 or 24-bit (has to be done in that order; bits per sample seems to reload the BT audio service, which allows the new bitrate to take effect) can I get 660 or 990kbps working, and this has to be done every single time I connect the Q5K. Otherwise it just defaults to 330kbps. I guess this is almost certainly more of a phone issue than an issue with the Q5K, but I figure it's worth asking here. I really hope this isn't something you have to do on every phone...
Its an issue with Samsung phones. My LG V60 and OnePlus 8T automatically go up to 990 without having to go to Developer Options or forcing anything. Works great too. My Pixel 6 does struggle with 990 but I don't have to go into Developer Options to force it above 330. When I had the Galaxy S9, I recall it struggled with LDAC as well.

Jun 12, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #3,269 of 4,753
I have a S20 5g from 2020 with 865 chipset, no issues with LDAC and 990, in fact I don't have to even touch developer options. The device just sets it. Low crappy wifi signals can affect the modem on any phone and cut down the transfer.

Jun 12, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #3,270 of 4,753
I have a S20 5g from 2020 with 865 chipset, no issues with LDAC and 990, in fact I don't have to even touch developer options. The device just sets it. Low crappy wifi signals can affect the modem on any phone and cut down the transfer.
No issues with LDAC on Samsung A71 and old Oneplus 3T. Usually switching to WiFi on 5GHz helps in that scenario because 2.4GHz version tends to interfere with BT...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back