The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 12, 2022 at 6:25 PM Post #2,867 of 4,753
Does anybody use QX-feed (Crossfeed)?

I see the point what it should do but in the end the sound just gets more narrow (for my hearing).
Crossfeed is known for reducing soundstage, but can make some music sound more natural. For example the Beatles stereo recordings are often panned all the way to one direction, and some crossfeed (IMO) makes it sound nicer. Certainly less like Paul McCartney is singing directly in your ear lol.

Jan 15, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #2,870 of 4,753
On the latest firmware, 1.12.5, when I connect my Qudelix 5K with my laptop via USB, so using it as a DAC, when I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited, the music stops/pauses for like 1-2 seconds, each time I put my phone to sleep or wake it up. Is this normal? I do not remember this ever happening before, but the truth is that I very-very rarely use it as a DAC.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've resolved it by setting the Priority to USB DAC

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #2,872 of 4,753

Fones de ouvido com alcance vocal dedicado soam melhor no btr5
Roughly speaking, isn't it right to say that headphones work through some kind of electrical current? How can two electric current amplifiers sound different? I'm a layman on the subject, but I wanted to understand better hehe

If there is a difference, with EQ adjustments is it not possible to emulate anything?

Jan 16, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #2,873 of 4,753
On the latest firmware, 1.12.5, when I connect my Qudelix 5K with my laptop via USB, so using it as a DAC, when I am listening to Amazon Music Unlimited, the music stops/pauses for like 1-2 seconds, each time I put my phone to sleep or wake it up. Is this normal? I do not remember this ever happening before, but the truth is that I very-very rarely use it as a DAC.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've resolved it by setting the Priority to USB DAC
Was it fixed in the last update?

Jan 16, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2,874 of 4,753
Was it fixed in the last update?
Hi, I don't think it was ever broken, it was just me forgetting to set up the Priority to USB DAC prior to connecting it to my laptop. I almost never use it as a DAC, so I got confused.

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #2,879 of 4,753
so if I am really only to use it as desktop dac/amp(95% of time) while always connected through usb(like typical desktop setups) do I ever need to stop using it to charge it? or the power provided through usb is always enough? I remember btr5 has a mode that stop charging when in usb mode to help with battery health, does 5k has it too?

Jan 23, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #2,880 of 4,753
Comments on the comparison between the Qudelix-5K and the iFi Audio Go Blu. I am primarily interested in pairing, via Bluetooth, to an iPhone. Both devices appear to be capable in this regard.
Thank you.
Reviews on the Go Blu’s bluetooth range have been bad to mediocre at best. My 5K works several rooms away with no problems. (iPhone 13)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back