The Qudelix-5K thread
Feb 4, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #1,906 of 4,753
The noise floor on the 5K is very silent.

Thank you, but how silent is 'very silent'? Do you have any first-hand experience with very sensitive iems and Qudelix 5K?
I am asking precisely because I find noise floor of lightning dongle good enough but not perfect. Happy to settle for same, but not for worse.

If you're not using the extra power, it's only really gaining you the app features, or the ability to go balanced, and the BT. The SQ is better, but again I'm not sure how much you can tell at low volume.

I'm shopping for a small bluetooth thingy with parametric EQ to use with an iPhone and this seems like the only option :)

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #1,907 of 4,753
Thank you, but how silent is 'very silent'? Do you have any first-hand experience with very sensitive iems and Qudelix 5K?
I am asking precisely because I find noise floor of lightning dongle good enough but not perfect. Happy to settle for same, but not for worse.

I'm shopping for a small bluetooth thingy with parametric EQ to use with an iPhone and this seems like the only option :)
I have some fairly sensitive IEMs - but not like Campfire stuff. The 5k is much better than the dongle, if you consider that good enough. Definitely not worse. I do use it balanced on performance mode, just to note.

If that's your use case, then it's great. I love my 5k and use it almost daily. It has fantastic SQ with my iPhone, and has replaced my ES100 and pretty much everything other than my TWS units.

Feb 5, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #1,910 of 4,753
I have a question before buying this. Are the EQ settings saved on the device? Do I have to be connected to the app for user eq settings to be in effect?
The EQ settings are stored on the device so once you set the EQ it will carry over to your other devices.

Feb 7, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #1,911 of 4,753
Not enough memory, I'm guessing. That's very processor intensive, as well. The SOC in the 5k probably can't handle that. They've said several times for easier changes that there's not enough "space" in the memory onboard.
Thank you for info.

Just received it from AudioHeaven.eu in Poland, for fast test now connected to VE Monks+, finally I will pair it with HD579 or HD600.
Very small, even smaller that BTR3 on high I quess. Firmware upgraded super fast via OTA, EQ work in LDAC which is great.
Would be great to Qudelix add option to store few EQ User settings if posibble.

Attachments

• 20210206_133040.jpg
    20210206_133040.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 3:03 AM Post #1,912 of 4,753
Would be great to Qudelix add option to store few EQ User settings if posibble.

You can store easily 20 customs PEQ for various IEM and headphones and name them as you want.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #1,914 of 4,753
Hi everyone! I am new to the community so please forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have Dm6, Blon 03 and recently purchased Thieaudio Clairvoyance. I was advice by someone to get AMP/DAC to get the most out of my CLAIR.
I dont own any headphones so will I be good with Qudelix-5k/BTR5 or does HIP DAC will actually make my gear sound better?
I have a XIAOMU MI9t phone and windows laptop. I am willing to invest in TIDAL if the differences are actually distinguishable. Currently I use Apple Music.

Any help would be appreciated!

Feb 7, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #1,915 of 4,753
Weird. this is no longer available on Amazon in the US. Sign of a new model coming out?
Most likely something else like production issues. Been keeping my eye on the 5k, and a lot of other items in my Amazon wish list roll in and out of availability. Should they come out with a new model, it’s likely they would keep selling the older model on Amazon while peddling the new model. That’s what happens with many manufacturers.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #1,916 of 4,753
Most likely something else like production issues. Been keeping my eye on the 5k, and a lot of other items in my Amazon wish list roll in and out of availability. Should they come out with a new model, it’s likely they would keep selling the older model on Amazon while peddling the new model. That’s what happens with many manufacturers.
Yeah probably a production or supply issue. Not so perfect timing as my fiio BTR5 just crapped out on me.

Feb 8, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #1,919 of 4,753
Does anyone know if the qudelix 5K would improve sound quality versus an IEM plugged directly into the headphone jack of a phone? As far as I know, the LG V phones have similar dac/amps (the quads) as in the qudelix, so I don't expect a difference there, but what about other phones?

In particular, would anyone know it for the Pixel 4A, which was recently released with a headphone jack but as far as I can judge doesn't have the LG V quality dac/amp (https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...oogle-pixel-4a-smartphone-audio-review.16251/), as well as the iPhone SE first gen (2016)? I suspect that the qudelix has a better dac/amp than what's in the phones, but would bluetooth cancel out the possible sound benefits from that?

Feb 8, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #1,920 of 4,753
Does anyone know if the qudelix 5K would improve sound quality versus an IEM plugged directly into the headphone jack of a phone? As far as I know, the LG V phones have similar dac/amps (the quads) as in the qudelix, so I don't expect a difference there, but what about other phones?

In particular, would anyone know it for the Pixel 4A, which was recently released with a headphone jack but as far as I can judge doesn't have the LG V quality dac/amp (https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...oogle-pixel-4a-smartphone-audio-review.16251/), as well as the iPhone SE first gen (2016)? I suspect that the qudelix has a better dac/amp than what's in the phones, but would bluetooth cancel out the possible sound benefits from that?
Re. raw sound quality, probably not. But, you get 10-band parametric EQ which can definitely improve sound quality unless you love your IEMs un-eq'd. Additional things are balanced input (more power, but unlikely to matter unless you have uncommonly inefficient IEMs), and being untethered from your phone (which I like as I often take my phone in/out of my pocket and don't like having the cabling to deal with).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back