The Qudelix-5K thread
Jan 20, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #1,891 of 4,753
I recently needed to set up a covid-approved temporary garage system in order to sell a pair of Magnepan speakers.

I plugged the 5K into a parasound pre and emotiva amp, and I have got to say - it sounded outstanding. (I used a Sony Xperia 1 as a source, connected via LDAC Bluetooth).

The Magnepans are model 2.5R, 6 ft tall, and are ruthless with subpar sources. But they put up a crazy good soundstage - in a garage no less.

I think you will be more than fine...

is there any way to use the 5k as a dac for my amp (topping a50s rca). Would this work? this is just a temporary setup.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-5mm-2-Male-Adapter-Stereo/dp/B01D5H8JW0

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #1,893 of 4,753
New owner here - is there a difference in sq between wired (usb c-c) vs bt connection? I'm getting 990kbps connection streaming LDAC and seems fantastic to me - but there was a shift to louder vol when I plugged the 5k into the usb c on my android, so hard to exactly vol match it to compare for sure.

Jan 27, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #1,894 of 4,753
New owner here - is there a difference in sq between wired (usb c-c) vs bt connection? I'm getting 990kbps connection streaming LDAC and seems fantastic to me - but there was a shift to louder vol when I plugged the 5k into the usb c on my android, so hard to exactly vol match it to compare for sure.
Well even LDAC at 990kbps is going to be lossy compared to wired... but, I seriously doubt most humans would be able to detect the difference in blind testing... :) . I did say most humans. So some humans might be able to. And dogs. And bats.

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #1,897 of 4,753
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a fearless audio S8Z set and I'm thinking of picking one of these bad boys up, Will it produce any hiss (this is my main concern as I currently get hiss with my ifi Micro Black Label while not using ieMatch as it changes the sound signature), anyone here with experience?

Thanks

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,898 of 4,753
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a fearless audio S8Z set and I'm thinking of picking one of these bad boys up, Will it produce any hiss (this is my main concern as I currently get hiss with my ifi Micro Black Label while not using ieMatch as it changes the sound signature), anyone here with experience?

Thanks
I use mine with the very sensitive Andromeda's and there's absolutely no hiss

Jan 31, 2021 at 7:32 PM Post #1,899 of 4,753
I use mine with the very sensitive Andromeda's and there's absolutely no hiss
thats good to hear, I think its pull trigger time on these then.

Feb 4, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #1,905 of 4,753
Hi everyone

How is the noise floor on Qudelix 5K? How does it compare to an Apple lightning dongle in this regard?

Use case: very sensitive iems (Andromeda) at low volume at night in a quiet room
The noise floor on the 5K is very silent. If you're not using the extra power, it's only really gaining you the app features, or the ability to go balanced, and the BT. The SQ is better, but again I'm not sure how much you can tell at low volume.

How do you think any chance to implement via firmware support for native DSD ? BTR5 support it and use same or very similar components. Why 5K can't ?
Not enough memory, I'm guessing. That's very processor intensive, as well. The SOC in the 5k probably can't handle that. They've said several times for easier changes that there's not enough "space" in the memory onboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back