The Qudelix-5K thread
Dec 28, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #1,816 of 4,753
Why does the 5K resume music playback when disconnecting a headphone? I intentionally pause music when taking one out and when I plug another one in music is already playing. So watching Spotify sure enough, if playback is paused and I disconnect the headphone (balanced) the playback is resumed. If I disconnect when music is playing it will quickly pause playback and resume it again. Really strange behavior.
I suggest that you ask on the forum at the Qudelix website. The company seems very responsive.
https://www.qudelix.com/pages/forum

Dec 28, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #1,818 of 4,753
Or just disconnect the headphones without pausing them :)
Eh, I mentioned at the end of my post that if I do this it pauses the music then resumes again. Not a huge deal ultimately as I'm not switching often and if I do I'd drop the volume like crazy first, especially if going from cans to IEMs. But yeah I'll probably post about it on their forum sometime.

Dec 28, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #1,819 of 4,753
Eh, I mentioned at the end of my post that if I do this it pauses the music then resumes again. Not a huge deal ultimately as I'm not switching often and if I do I'd drop the volume like crazy first, especially if going from cans to IEMs. But yeah I'll probably post about it on their forum sometime.

Ok mine only resumes if I pause the source first. If I just pull the headphones out while playing my phone pauses and doesn't resume. I guess I didn't care enough to read to the end lol. Or assumed you were pausing the song first, as you first described the problem.

Reading that back I came off a bit condescending, I didn't mean too, and it can be irritating. I would contact quedelix, they're might even be an option to change the behavior. I rip my iems jack out so fast it doesn't do it on mine- but it's just a bad habit of mine :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #1,821 of 4,753
Just wanted to praise Qudelix Customers Service.
Few days ago my unit's volume rocker broke. I did contact Support with the issue. Now a replacement unit is on its way.

Thanks Qudelix for a prompt service
Nice to hear that they providing good customer service. They have been on my radar for quite sometime now. I think that before I buy anymore iems, I'm gonna buy this first.

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:18 AM Post #1,822 of 4,753
not sure if this is the right place to ask.
I got qudelix 5k connected to iem (not headphone), playing spotify from phone.
Saw people say upgrading source is more important than cable, etc. For iem, what is the next source upgrade? or is qudelix is the best portable source period?

Dec 30, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #1,823 of 4,753
Saw people say upgrading source is more important than cable, etc. For iem, what is the next source upgrade? or is qudelix is the best portable source period?

I think the better question would be "what would be my next IEM?" 😉

Seriously.. I never thought Qudelix 5K is this good..

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,825 of 4,753
there are a lot of iem threads. follow the price ladder :p. but for source, I am quite lost

Ha, ha.. When I checked your profile.. I got it.. You already have mid and high tier IEM.. You've quite lucky could afford them all.. I am cheap 😉.. I'm happy with some old stufs, with the latests only, Fiio FH1, Sony MH755 and Blon BL03 (Not that I could not buy better IEMs, but different life priority nowadays..)

Dec 30, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #1,826 of 4,753
Looking for feedback on using Q5 as a source to headphone amp both balanced and unbalanced connections, as I gather some of you have probably done this already in your setup.

My guess I need to be connecting the 2.5mm or the 3.5mm headphone out to the headphone amp input and Is there a fixed line out option in the app by chance? and if not how is the volume adjustments work between the Q5 and the headphone amp to sort of mimic a fixed lineout scenario typical to a standalone DAC as a source with no volume control.

The PEQ is my attraction as it allows me to tune my sound signature via headphone amp.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #1,827 of 4,753

For IEMs this is a great clean source, it competes with many daps in many price ranges. You can get more power out of some daps but with most iems you don't need it and the balanced out is pretty dam powerful.

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #1,828 of 4,753
Ha, ha.. When I checked your profile.. I got it.. You already have mid and high tier IEM.. You've quite lucky could afford them all.. I am cheap 😉.. I'm happy with some old stufs, with the latests only, Fiio FH1, Sony MH755 and Blon BL03 (Not that I could not buy better IEMs, but different life priority nowadays..)

you can prioritize better than me! and I am buying used and selling almost all but 3.

For IEMs this is a great clean source, it competes with many daps in many price ranges. You can get more power out of some daps but with most iems you don't need it and the balanced out is pretty dam powerful.

thanks! i feel like qudelix is good enough for all my iem, but want to confirm

Dec 30, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #1,829 of 4,753
Dec 30, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #1,830 of 4,753
Love my 5K, more than ES100 and BTR3K:wink: This combo balanced is sublime:grin:

427FFD97-5C34-4684-8917-73DE1099FE62.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back