The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 10, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #1,006 of 4,753
Thanks. Glad I never tried that. Pretty happy with the unbalanced output from the 5K since I pretty much just use IEMs these days.

If you use IEMs with removable cables, it's cheap and easy to buy a balanced IEM cable.

Jul 10, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #1,007 of 4,753
If you use IEMs with removable cables, it's cheap and easy to buy a balanced IEM cable.
Yes, I think I noted previously that I use my SE535s balanced (mostly use those at night when lying down because I like the low profile). I don't see the point of balanced for the SE846 (mostly use with Dragonfly Cobalt and just got a V60) and prefer the flexibility and simplicity of a single-ended unbalanced 3.5mm cable for those (I use the Meze Audio Rai Silver plated unbalanced cable). Also, the SE846 has a super low impedance so it is probably better this way. I do have an extra balanced cable around but never felt the urge to try.

Both IEMs sound great with the 5K and I like the way they sound with the 5K better than I ever did with the ES100.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,010 of 4,753
Wow great!

If the battery is 500mA, that is a 3C rate. Excellent for fast recharging.

But not conducive to maximizing the cell longevity, I hope there's a way to slow it down when not in a hurry?

Also the 12V implies a buck converter in there, I doubt if the battery is 3S ?

@wslee please provide a link to replacement cells? TIA

EDIT: I may have spoken too soon on the charging. It definitely charges C-C but it may just be simple 5V charging.

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #1,011 of 4,753
Thanks, I might get around to that, but meanwhile maybe @wslee still comes around sometimes

They have been very responsive on their official forum.

Hoping that by the time I need a new battery, there will be a 5K MKIII (or maybe even a 7K?) to buy instead...

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #1,012 of 4,753
EDIT: I may have spoken too soon on the charging. It definitely charges C-C but it may just be simple 5V charging.
Well the V&A going into the port, does not equal what is fed to battery internally.

CC is just the stage before the CV setpoint is reached, which of course needs to set according to how many cells are in the string.

Then the voltages discharged, used by the various loads in the unit are another subject entirely.

Since buck conversion is usually more efficient than boost, 2S or even 3S is likely for the storage, 12V a good input source voltage for the charger chip, and likely most chip loads are 5V or 3.3.

All sheer speculation of course. . .

Jul 10, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #1,014 of 4,753
My use case is very different, off grid in primitive remote locations for long periods, carry spares of nearly everything.

Sorry that was not meant to be directed at you and was meant as a joke...of course it would be great if it were replaceable.

Jul 11, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #1,016 of 4,753
Today I got my Qudelix 5K device from AudioHeaven from Poland (about 5 days to Germany). Really fast and a very reliable seller.

At the moment I play with the EQ settings. Unfortunately I cannot rename and save the 10 custom settings in the App...it holds the settings only in the flash memory for a short time. Also after saving the settings in the flash memory the values changed in the EQ-Profile (for example I saved 16k = -6.7db and later the saved profile shows 0.0db, but the graph seems correct)
So this is pretty unusuable at the moment and a bit disappointing, because this was one of the main reasons for me to get the Qudelix. Here my old ES100 makes it much more easier to handle.
But maybe I'm just too stupid...any other experiences out here??

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,017 of 4,753
Just got mine too.

On iPhone app I don't think more than one eq can be saved. It would be good to have at least 4 user presets. Luckily for me my main iems don't need eq. But I would like eq for alternate uses like other headphones and in the car.

I find these settings suit me.

5B5279CA-69B7-4F8F-99C9-05136786E48D.png
7BD2F997-93DE-40F8-BF73-EB378CE2920F.png
9E369F52-C006-4A69-B67A-B3175CD726CB.jpeg

Above is a 4.4mm to 2.5mm adapter.

I am still getting used to the buttons - on off / what side to press. I find the symmetry confusing!

The sound is v good.

To be honest I struggle find much difference between highest quality LDAC and a balanced cable from my Sony 507 DAP!

Amazingly, a long lost ES100 and some Etymotic iem's were just found under a guest bed where I stayed with relations a year ago. I get them back next week. I can then do an a/b comparison between Q5K and ES100.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #1,018 of 4,753
Just got mine too.

On iPhone app I don't think more than one eq can be saved. It would be good to have at least 4 user presets. Luckily for me my main iems don't need eq. But I would like eq for alternate uses like other headphones and in the car.

You can save more than one preset on the iPhone app. Click and hold on any of the user presets and it will save/overwrite it.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #1,019 of 4,753
Today I got my Qudelix 5K device from AudioHeaven from Poland (about 5 days to Germany). Really fast and a very reliable seller.

At the moment I play with the EQ settings. Unfortunately I cannot rename and save the 10 custom settings in the App...it holds the settings only in the flash memory for a short time. Also after saving the settings in the flash memory the values changed in the EQ-Profile (for example I saved 16k = -6.7db and later the saved profile shows 0.0db, but the graph seems correct)
So this is pretty unusuable at the moment and a bit disappointing, because this was one of the main reasons for me to get the Qudelix. Here my old ES100 makes it much more easier to handle.
But maybe I'm just too stupid...any other experiences out here??

Can't rename saved EQ profiles yet and there is a bug with the EQ where it shows 0 when you go back to it. It still works as it should and it still saves into the memory just fine.

Jul 11, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #1,020 of 4,753
can anyone screenshot the presets please? I didn't see any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back