The Qudelix-5K thread
Jun 24, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #841 of 4,807
I finally received Q5k today. I've been waiting.

but, no audio sound when LDAC enabled in Galaxy S8 plus.
no problem SBC and Apt X.

any solution I can take?
I don't know what setting to try but look at the BT settings in developer options in Android.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #842 of 4,807
Using mine now. Works fine on my Pixel 4 XL, sounds great -- like the App, although I like the ES100 better (but more mature) My frustration is with physical design. It's incredibly easy to hit the wrong button, there's no place for leverage to PUSH the buttons (two hands required?) and the lack of markings/bumps on the buttons.

very much a gen 1 product, which is a shame considering the current market. I won't judge too hard yet though... It does sound good and the app will improve.

Jun 24, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #843 of 4,807
Using mine now. Works fine on my Pixel 4 XL, sounds great -- like the App, although I like the ES100 better (but more mature) My frustration is with physical design. It's incredibly easy to hit the wrong button, there's no place for leverage to PUSH the buttons (two hands required?) and the lack of markings/bumps on the buttons.

very much a gen 1 product, which is a shame considering the current market. I won't judge too hard yet though... It does sound good and the app will improve.
The power button on my 5K has a large bump.

Jun 24, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #847 of 4,807
Thanks to the polish dealer AudioHeaven (link) I was able to grab Qudelix-5K for myself and it's nice step-up from EarStudio ES100. Sound signature is a bit different. Both sound quite natural, but Qudelix is more balanced (not as warm, more neutral-ish) and provides clerer and cleaner sound with a bit better resolution and separation. It seems to 5K has more power and better dynamic with similiar noise. I like ES100 with brighter IEMs, but 5K is more universal. Also build quality is better and i like that rectangular form factor. Only buttons aren't good - sometimes it's hard to use 5K with one hand.

I compared it also with Shanling UP4. Qudelix is more natural here with a bit better body in mids. UP4 has a touch better resolution and wider stage, but dynamic isn't as good. 5K will be a bit more musical, organic. Qudelix is noticable smaller, but UP4 has much more premium build. Wheel is also easier for volume control.

qude.jpg

App for Android need some bugfixes and improvments, but I give them some time (especially after waiting few months for device itself). Despite that I like 5K a lot.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #849 of 4,807
Thanks to the polish dealer AudioHeaven (link) I was able to grab Qudelix-5K for myself and it's nice step-up from EarStudio ES100. Sound signature is a bit different. Both sound quite natural, but Qudelix is more balanced (not as warm, more neutral-ish) and provides clerer and cleaner sound with a bit better resolution and separation. It seems to 5K has more power and better dynamic with similiar noise. I like ES100 with brighter IEMs, but 5K is more universal. Also build quality is better and i like that rectangular form factor. Only buttons aren't good - sometimes it's hard to use 5K with one hand.

I compared it also with Shanling UP4. Qudelix is more natural here with a bit better body in mids. UP4 has a touch better resolution and wider stage, but dynamic isn't as good. 5K will be a bit more musical, organic. Qudelix is noticable smaller, but UP4 has much more premium build. Wheel is also easier for volume control.

qude.jpg

App for Android need some bugfixes and improvments, but I give them some time (especially after waiting few months for device itself). Despite that I like 5K a lot.

Yep, ordered also today. I'll give a chance q5k because my es100 is dying slowly after two years of extreme usage.

Jun 25, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #850 of 4,807
Yep, ordered also today. I'll give a chance q5k because my es100 is dying slowly after two years of extreme usage.

For me 5K is nice update to ES100. I like Qudelix very much with many IEMs, even models like Lime Ears Aether R with Satin Audio Athena 8X cable or DUNU Luna. With "Performance" setting and high gain it also goes quite well with Empire Ears Legend X. Now I'm intensively testing a new "go out" set Qudelix+iBasso IT00 and it works so nice, especially for the price of that combo.

Jun 25, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #852 of 4,807
My Empire Ear Nemesis CIEMS go very deep to get around a bend in my ear - so they are a PITA to pull out to talk to someone. So ambient mode is important for me. May have to go for ES100 for that reason.

Jun 26, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #853 of 4,807
Got mine two days ago (also from AudioHeaven) and had only a bit of time to try it out with my DX220 so far up to this morning. The Qudelix app doesn't want to work with my iBasso but I guess it might have something to do with Lurkers ROM. Anyway, it sounded pretty darn good with DX220 alone but I've paired it today with my OnePlus 7 Pro and... woah, that's some serious piece of hardware. Small advice - pair it with your phone first before connecting it with an app. I've tried to do exactly opposite and while the 5K was connected with an app, it didn't want to pair with my phone.
5k.jpg

Anyway, I'm giving it a serious spin and the app itself gives some serious capabilities. First of all, I've put it on high gain and performance mode as to my ears it sounds the best. I am truly, truly amazed how it sounds. I didn't expect to be THAT good. Very enjoyable, musical yet vivid with an amazing bass response, clear and natural midrange, quite smooth but nicely extended highs. I really like it's soundstage, which is very balanced between good width and unexpectedly good depth with some nice layering. It also surprised me with a nice amaount of details and separation. 5K sounds so efortlessly, enjoyable and well balanced :) Compared to Shanling UP2... It's better in every aspect and I can consider it as a bargain for those 110$.

P.S. So far I've only checked it out with my Dunu Falcon C + Ares Audio Okami (amazing pair) and Craft Ears Four (CIEM) + CM Cable Penumbra 4wire (on pic). To describe that second pairing I'd quote a phrase from "Klergy & Valerie Broussard - Start a War" - "MY GOD..." *,..,*

Attachments

• 5k.jpg
    5k.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #854 of 4,807
Got mine in the UK on Moday. Sounds great with my K245 in unbalanced. The software works great. Can't wait for PEQ! The size and weight is great.

As mentioned previously, the usb is a bit funky. It seems to only work while in bt standby mode and the bt signal takes priority so whenver i unlock the phone with usb connected, the signal switches over to bt and usb audio cuts out for the phone unlocking sound. Very annoying. I wonder how the fw update will be distributed... bt ota via app or usb via pc? Also, I wish there was a pdf users manual.

Other than that, loving it thus far. 'New toy syndrome' and recency bias in full effect!

P.s. i was lucky not to stung with tax! Yay

P.p.s. i'm tempted to try and mod the k245 just to try it balanced... prob overkill tho, eh?

Hi Nolbert,

I'm in the UK too.

Did you not get a text from FedEx on the same day followed by a letter with the Tax Payment?

Thanks,
Jaison

Jun 27, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #855 of 4,807
FedEx did a terrible job shipping my q5k (The package went a big circle around Asia) and damn custom hold my q5k for a whole week, but finally here it is.

I did say i will do a q5k comparison impression against btr5 and oriolus 1795. But I changed my mind about that, because sound wise those two are no match for q5k.

Instead i will do a comparison between q5k and n6mk2 e02 (dual 9038)

In this comparison i will use n6mk2 for bt host(ldac990) as well. Therefore the music player Software and digital signals will be exactly the same. Headphone used for this test is audioquest nightowl and final a8000. (Both connected with bal)

Have to say sound wise q5k is quite a step from es100. The density of sound and the reconstruction of soundstage is definitely midfi dap level.

In terms of driving power i find q5k is about the same with es100, both headphone requires 60%~70% of the volume(high gain&performance) to achieve ideal sound pressure level (for me). It drives a8000 at ease with no clipping and distortions.

Soundstage width is about the same compared to n62e02 with lesser frontal depth. And that’s the most significant shortage compared to n62 e02.

Transparency is about the same(very transparent) with similar dynamics and separation, n62e02 does gives a better and solid imaging.

If i am being bold and honest I would say if i am home with both devices, I would rather use q5k instead of n62 e02 for the convenience. There are of course performances gap between n62e02 and q5k for sure, but in most casual listening occasions it is negligible.

In my opinion q5k have a very good Bluetooth interface(digital signal processing) definitely better than most of other competitors within the same category. That’s why merely dual 9218p sounds that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back