The Qudelix-5K thread
Aug 9, 2020 at 12:30 AM Post #1,171 of 4,753
All I get are complaints about no one being able to hear me. Clipped to my shirt ...

Anyone else have issues with the mems mic? It seems to be very directional

I've had success, but only when pointing it directly at my mouth and speaking directly into the mic (which is located on the edge with the headphone jacks). While speaking, background noise is completely absent. While not, background noise is present, but deeply attenuated.

The further away from the mic my actual voice is, the more it is interpreted as background noise and sorta dampened as much as the other background noise. I could imagine it performing poorly when clipped to a shirt as ur voice won't be driven directly into the mic and the distance may be a little off as well.

I kinda wish they used one of the buttons for push-to-talk to help improve this situation. And if it had a bit of a delay, it would even avoid transmitting the handling noise from clicking the button.

Btw, a great way to test real call quality is to call a the test call phone number. Just Google The Test Call, pick a local number, and there will be a bunch of automated tests you can run, including a real time echo test...or you could just call someone 😃.

If you just want the raw mic output, your phone's sound recorder should do though. Or you can Bluetooth it to a computer and go to town.

Aug 11, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #1,177 of 4,753
Hi, am i the only one who is getting terrible standby time on this? It drains around 10~15% i think on standby which is really not that impressive..

In my own experience, the overall battery life of the Q5K is not much better than that of the ES100 (I expected it to be a lot better based on advertised specs). Still, I got used to the habit of charging both overnight .. the ES100 now I use when I am at the gym, and the Qudelix I use in the evenings (eg walks etc, or when I am doing chores around the house, browsing the net etc).

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #1,178 of 4,753
I my own experience, overall battery life of the Q5K is not so much more than ES100 (I expected it to be much better based on advertised specs). Still, I got use to the habit of charging both overnight .. ES100 now I use during the morning gym time, and Qudelix is use in the evenings (walks etc, chores around the house etc).
Yes same here, i don't really feel any difference of battery life from my ES100 if not even worse., was kind of expecting more from all the posted battery life specs and bigger battery as such..

Aug 11, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #1,181 of 4,753
I don't think navydragon said per hour (its certainly not that bad in my own experience of my Q5K), perhaps the 10% drain is more like every 24 hours (or overnight) if left on standby.
Actually i was, i remember that this morning around 9am it was around 70%, then come 1pm it dropped down to 20% with nothing playing, just my elegia attached to the 2.5mm balanced output.. anyways i will check again now, now at 90% will see how much it drops hours later, will also check the battery graph on the app.

Aug 11, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #1,182 of 4,753
Screenshot_20200811-183934529 (1).jpg
and here was my battery usage last time, performance mode, 2.5mm balanced output, at around -13db volume, ~80% drain in roughly ~5hrs. So a full charge will roughly last around 6-6.5hrs.

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #1,183 of 4,753
Aug 11, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #1,184 of 4,753
Actually i was, i remember that this morning around 9am it was around 70%, then come 1pm it dropped down to 20% with nothing playing, just my elegia attached to the 2.5mm balanced output.. anyways i will check again now, now at 90% will see how much it drops hours later, will also check the battery graph on the app.

That's pretty subpar imho. Is this a thing with the 5k? If it isn't, I'd suggest a return & replacement. I know i won't be happy with a device that drains its battery that much doing nothing.

Aug 11, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #1,185 of 4,753
Does anyone know the option to turn off volume reset on incoming messages? I use Q5K at work in DAC mode via USB and when a message arrives in my phone Q5K resets the volume to the minimum level. It is very inconvenient to raise it after each message.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back