The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 2, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #76 of 4,753
So it's now October. Maybe they have a starting date for the Kickstarter campaign now.

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #78 of 4,753
I hope so. Because it's coming out so late I am now considering the getting the Hiby R3 Pro if it doesn't offer any earlybird discount with their kickstarter.

R3 Pro is a new DAP? When is that coming?

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #80 of 4,753
Yes it was just announced but preorder coming up this month, in China at least. It pretty much got all the bluetooth dac/amp features but got dual higher end cs43131 and stand-alone playback capability.

Where can I read about it? Can't find anything on Google.

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #82 of 4,753
There's an R3 pro? I've got the regular R3 (demoted to 'amateur' now, I guess? lol) and pretty happy with it since i only use it as a transport for the Mojo... But really curious to see what I'm missing out on.

But what if you pair it with the Qudelix 5k... See what I did there?

Oct 3, 2019 at 2:51 AM Post #83 of 4,753
There's an R3 pro? I've got the regular R3 (demoted to 'amateur' now, I guess? lol) and pretty happy with it since i only use it as a transport for the Mojo... But really curious to see what I'm missing out on.

But what if you pair it with the Qudelix 5k... See what I did there?
Yea but I think the R3 Pro covers all the features of the 5k so it would be redundant.

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #86 of 4,753
@acygni With the 5K being a BT receiver and R3 being a DAP, apples and oranges...? And as a BT receiver, the R3 (amateur?) I have is quite limited. Doesn't do ACC in RX mode IIRC, dunno about other codecs. A grudging iPhone user here - so take from that what you will. Also, I wouldn't clip it onto my shirt cos of the size and weight. And no mic on R3 so no calls. That being said, great as a basic DAP and even better as a Mojo transport.

The same device can mean different things to different people as they have different uses for them. I've been using the Shaling M0 as a BT receiver with mixed results. A DAP will never function perfectly as a BT receiver in my experience, hence finding this product and started singing to myself "mellorine!" (One Piece reference, not the ice cream!)

This is quickly becoming an R3 Pro thread... Am I the only one trying to reign it back to the 5K?

edit - the OG R3 was on Kickstarter

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #87 of 4,753
@acygni With the 5K being a BT receiver and R3 being a DAP, apples and oranges...? And as a BT receiver, the R3 (amateur?) I have is quite limited. Doesn't do ACC in RX mode IIRC, dunno about other codecs. A grudging iPhone user here - so take from that what you will. Also, I wouldn't clip it onto my shirt cos of the size and weight. And no mic on R3 so no calls. That being said, great as a basic DAP and even better as a Mojo transport.

The same device can mean different things to different people as they have different uses for them. I've been using the Shaling M0 as a BT receiver with mixed results. A DAP will never function perfectly as a BT receiver in my experience, hence finding this product and started singing to myself "mellorine!" (One Piece reference, not the ice cream!)

This is quickly becoming an R3 Pro thread... Am I the only one trying to reign it back to the 5K?

edit - the OG R3 was on Kickstarter
The R3 Pro is both a bluetooth reciever and transmitter and covers all of the bluetooth codecs except aptx adaptive. But it also adds their proprietary UAT codecs that is suppose to be better than LDAC. Its only disadvantage to the 5K would be size and price. You can see some of the specs even from just the words and numbers in this:
https://card.weibo.com/article/m/show/id/2309404422268406071348

Anyway this is getting off topic. I was just mentioning it could be my alternative. I may create a new thread for it.

Oct 3, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #88 of 4,753
I don't think Hiby is that kinda company. It's pretty established like Fiio. Their products are available normally in the west though usually at a higher than in China.
They launched the R3 on Kickstarter last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back