Anyone using Amazon Music HD?

Jun 20, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #783 of 4,753
Seems you can’t pre order.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #784 of 4,753
Mine did also arrived yesterday :)
20200619_204854.jpg

20200619_210427.jpg

Setting it up was a very straight forward process and first impression of the sound is very favorable.

Jun 20, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #786 of 4,753
But you would think they might like to open up for pre orders! Some companies would. No worries. I will wait.

Jun 20, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #788 of 4,753
My first impression is that it had less real power then btr5, but it keeps a lot more control on higher loads and higher volumes. My btr5 drives my hd6XX Well, but only at a normal listening volume, above normal listening volume bass gets distorted. K5 keeps thé bass more in line with thé rest. But had less absolute volume. Btr5 drives headphones to volumes it Hurts. K5 only to An anoying level :p . It's a really Nice toy, perfect replacement for btr5. I'm going to use them both. Probebly with different iem's in them so i can have a good set at home and one for when i'm not home.

Did you switch the output power to “High” in the app? From Qudelix’s product page, it looks like the 5K should have similar if not equal output power : https://www.qudelix.com/blogs/5k-dac-amp/power-budget

5K 3.5mm Single DAC can deliver the output power up to 80mWatt, while 2.5mm Dual DAC up to 240mWatt.”

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #789 of 4,753
Did you switch the output power to “High” in the app? From Qudelix’s product page, it looks like the 5K should have similar if not equal output power : https://www.qudelix.com/blogs/5k-dac-amp/power-budget

5K 3.5mm Single DAC can deliver the output power up to 80mWatt, while 2.5mm Dual DAC up to 240mWatt.”
Yes, it is in ''high'', i don't really hear a volume difference between ''normal'' and high'' , it sounds different, but not volume wise. Verry strange?
And yes, it are thé same amp's, so should ben almost identical in output. But my feeling is different. 5K sounds really amazing. But btr5 does a verry goed job also. Still happy with this device

Jun 20, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #790 of 4,753
Yes, it is in ''high'', i don't really hear a volume difference between ''normal'' and high'' , it sounds different, but not volume wise. Verry strange?
And yes, it are thé same amp's, so should ben almost identical in output. But my feeling is different. 5K sounds really amazing. But btr5 does a verry goed job also. Still happy with this device
If you tried high then i'm going to assume you tried performance as well? Thats interesting, I noticed an increase when I swapped one of them but I can't remember which one.

I'm more salty about the lower usb dac volume on android. Seems like the only thing I can do is up the preamp slider a little on the EQ to make up for it. My tab s6 doesn't have a headphone jack so this was kind of an important feature to me as bluetooth is not capable of discord + media audio at the same time without having the audio quality get so bad its literally missing sounds and I use my tablet to talk on discord and watch netflix etc at the same time.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #791 of 4,753

Another possible thing to check for - if you have the EQ enabled it looks like it factors in -6 dB right off the bat for headroom.

Jun 20, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #792 of 4,753
Thanks for the tip, but i'm no EQ user. And i just tried to couple thé 5K with thé suplied usbC-usbC cable with my phone (moto G7 plus) and OH my, that's silent... I think the pre out volume from thé USB chip is set to low. I used 2.5mm out. Don't know if it's thé same for 3.5

Jun 20, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #793 of 4,753
Thanks for the tip, but i'm no EQ user. And i just tried to couple thé 5K with thé suplied usbC-usbC cable with my phone (moto G7 plus) and OH my, that's silent... I think the pre out volume from thé USB chip is set to low. I used 2.5mm out. Don't know if it's thé same for 3.5
Yesss!!1 the usb volume sucks!! Im pretty sure my BTR3 was even higher. Apparently it's mainly an android problem but some devices can work around it.

Jun 20, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #794 of 4,753
Guys, I am confused about balanced/unbalanced outputs for 5K. The creator writes that they just sound different but not any better from one another. If you try balanced/unbalanced outputs in L&P L3 then the sound quality will be like from beginner and intermediate level DAPs. I mean one class higher. Thus, I thought to myself "C'mon Qudelix" and checked the same IEMs on the subj balanced/unbalanced outputs. It's really hard to say which sound is better. Could anybody else share the opinion about that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back