The Qudelix-5K thread
Jul 29, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #2,538 of 4,753
I wonder if they'll make a 3.5mm adapter for the QX-over?
That wouldn't make sense. The entire point of the QX-over is that each driver is driven separately with an active crossover in the Q5. A 3.5mm adapter would remove everything that is unique about the QX-over, and it might not even sound good. If you need 3.5mm, there is an endless variety of other 3.5mm earphones to choose from.

Jul 29, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #2,539 of 4,753
Got this thing 2 days ago. Set it up this afternoon and it's crazy good! It was much easier to set up than the ES100. Firmware updates are all accessible from the Qudelix app on my phone. Listening to it right now with my Blon BL03. Sounds awesome with almost no EQ. I jacked up the pre-amp a bit. Other than that, I left everything else alone. With the ES100, I had to add a bunch of EQ to make different iems sound to their potential. I'm gonna explore this device more over the coming weeks; but so far, it's a winner! ES100 is still great but the Qudelix K5 is giving me the SQ I've been looking for without too much EQ.

Jul 29, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #2,540 of 4,753
Got this thing 2 days ago. Set it up this afternoon and it's crazy good! It was much easier to set up than the ES100. Firmware updates are all accessible from the Qudelix app on my phone. Listening to it right now with my Blon BL03. Sounds awesome with almost no EQ. I jacked up the pre-amp a bit. Other than that, I left everything else alone. With the ES100, I had to add a bunch of EQ to make different iems sound to their potential. I'm gonna explore this device more over the coming weeks; but so far, it's a winner! ES100 is still great but the Qudelix K5 is giving me the SQ I've been looking for without too much EQ.
I have had the very same experience. I first bought and enjoyed immensely the ES100 but did use eq a lot on it. Then I purchased the Q5K and pretty much run it flat on everything, including the bl03, it just sounds right straight out the box, no twiddling necessary.

Jul 30, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #2,542 of 4,753
Jul 30, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #2,543 of 4,753
Nice! Gonna save some time with presets populated ala Wavelet, entering values manually on small phone screen can get tedious.
Yup, I was just getting ready to write my review about the 5K and QX-Over and they let me know about it and asked if I can re-test lol. But it's a big update so I don't mind the extra time since it adds a nice feature on top of what is already a very impressive product.

Jul 31, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #2,544 of 4,753
Is anyone having a problem with the Qudelix turning on while charging? I know there's a setting in the app, but it doesn't appear to be working right.

On the official forums I see this was a bug back in like April/March. Mine only started doing this since the most recent firmware.

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #2,545 of 4,753
Ok, guys. I've got a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've had this thing for several days now, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to give me more than 330 kbps out of LDAC via Bluetooth. I've got my Samsung galaxy s20 set in LDAC mode, but it never gets higher than that; even when I'm playing CD Redbook 44.1 16 bit files that I ripped from my CD'S at 1411 kbps. I always thought that these types of music files would play at the maximum 990 kbps via Bluetooth. I've got my phone set to LDAC...so has anyone got any suggestions on how I can get the 5K to play at a higher kbps level? I've delved into the Samsung developer options, but can't seem to find how I can get my phone to play st a higher kbps.

Jul 31, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #2,546 of 4,753
Has anyone found the Qudelix to be a bit bright? It sounds a bit bright and sometimes harsh running balanced to my LCD-X.

Interestingly, I think it actually sounded less bright running single ended, though with much less volume headroom.

Aug 1, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #2,547 of 4,753
Ok, guys. I've got a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I've had this thing for several days now, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to give me more than 330 kbps out of LDAC via Bluetooth. I've got my Samsung galaxy s20 set in LDAC mode, but it never gets higher than that; even when I'm playing CD Redbook 44.1 16 bit files that I ripped from my CD'S at 1411 kbps. I always thought that these types of music files would play at the maximum 990 kbps via Bluetooth. I've got my phone set to LDAC...so has anyone got any suggestions on how I can get the 5K to play at a higher kbps level? I've delved into the Samsung developer options, but can't seem to find how I can get my phone to play st a higher kbps.
LDAC connection is not based on the file. Instead it is adaptive and negotiated between the phone and the receiver. In general the transmission will be faster the more stable the link. I think what you have going on is the connection is Adaptive bitrate, and is being negotiated to the slowest LDAC speed.

No guarantees, but this is what I do... On your phone go to Bluetooth settings, find the Q5K and select optimize for audio quality. Next go to Developer options on your phone and find Bluetooth LDAC Audio Codec: Playback Quality. Yours is almost certainly set to Adaptive. Change it to 990K/909K.

Keep in mind that you will probably have more dropped connections / lost packets when forcing to a higher bitrate. For best quality connection keep the phone and Q5K close to each other, and especially do not put one in a front pocket and the other in a back pocket. Human body is quite efficient at blocking Bluetooth signals.

Unfortunately, to force the highest bitrate, you will need to do this each time you connect to the Q5K, otherwise it will always go back to adaptive. Meaning you will need to keep going back to Developer options.

If I keep my phone and Q5K near each other even in adaptive I often measure 660 or 990K...

Aug 1, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #2,548 of 4,753
LDAC connection is not based on the file. Instead it is adaptive and negotiated between the phone and the receiver. In general the transmission will be faster the more stable the link. I think what you have going on is the connection is Adaptive bitrate, and is being negotiated to the slowest LDAC speed.

No guarantees, but this is what I do... On your phone go to Bluetooth settings, find the Q5K and select optimize for audio quality. Next go to Developer options on your phone and find Bluetooth LDAC Audio Codec: Playback Quality. Yours is almost certainly set to Adaptive. Change it to 990K/909K.

Keep in mind that you will probably have more dropped connections / lost packets when forcing to a higher bitrate. For best quality connection keep the phone and Q5K close to each other, and especially do not put one in a front pocket and the other in a back pocket. Human body is quite efficient at blocking Bluetooth signals.

Unfortunately, to force the highest bitrate, you will need to do this each time you connect to the Q5K, otherwise it will always go back to adaptive. Meaning you will need to keep going back to Developer options.

If I keep my phone and Q5K near each other even in adaptive I often measure 660 or 990K...
Thank you very much for the detailed response. I will try your suggestions and see how they play out. Not sure if it's worth the trouble to have to keep going back to Developer options every time I connect to the 5K as I find the sound quality excellent over the standard Adaptive LDAC connection. I'm just curious to see if I can hear any difference between 330 kbps LDAC and 660/990 kbps. As for the range, I'm not currently having any issues with dropouts but then again, I usually wear my 5K like a pendant clipped to my cable looped around my neck. Phone is usually in my pocket. I must say though, on the couple of occasions where I left my phone outside and went into the house to do something, I found the 5K had superior range with zero dropouts compared to my ES100.

Aug 1, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #2,549 of 4,753
Thank you very much for the detailed response. I will try your suggestions and see how they play out. Not sure if it's worth the trouble to have to keep going back to Developer options every time I connect to the 5K as I find the sound quality excellent over the standard Adaptive LDAC connection. I'm just curious to see if I can hear any difference between 330 kbps LDAC and 660/990 kbps. As for the range, I'm not currently having any issues with dropouts but then again, I usually wear my 5K like a pendant clipped to my cable looped around my neck. Phone is usually in my pocket. I must say though, on the couple of occasions where I left my phone outside and went into the house to do something, I found the 5K had superior range with zero dropouts compared to my ES100.
Nice! I, too, have found it doesn't matter where in the house my phone is; the 5K keeps signal anyway (across 3 floors) in LDAC adaptive mode.

My advice on the Developer Options thing is to play it case by case. I got a phone update (OnePlus 8T) that seems to handle adaptive up to 990 without issue, so I don't mess with it anymore, but did for the longest time. I think the differences are audible when it comes to technicalities. Things feel a lot more open and cohesive to me on 660/990; 330 starts to sound a bit compressed and closed in. Fingers crossed LG updates that phone for better LDAC handling, but it can be a pretty CPU-intensive task.

Aug 1, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #2,550 of 4,753
I think the phone may have a lot to do with it. I have no issues with LDAC 990 on my V60 and dont have to mess with Developer Options.

When I had my Samsung GS9, I do recall I had to force 990 sometimes but it at least worked with the 5K. When I tried to force LDAC 990 with my ES100 and GS9 all I got was a stuttering mess even from a distance of 2-3 feet. Never really have worried about connection quality with my 5K. It has been very reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back