The Qudelix-5K thread
Oct 30, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #151 of 4,753
I'm glad the Qudelix 5k will support muilti point!

"1. Yes, 5K will support the multi-point connection." From the forum.

That's one of the reason i'll prob stick with BT dac/amp instead of true wireless earbuds for a while more.
Tws are coming

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #152 of 4,753
I'm glad the Qudelix 5k will support muilti point!

"1. Yes, 5K will support the multi-point connection." From the forum.

That's one of the reason i'll prob stick with BT dac/amp instead of true wireless earbuds for a while more.

Multi-point... That, and the infinitely greater choice in IEMs to fit any sound signature, style, and price point.

Oct 31, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #156 of 4,753
Not sure if this is new or not, but there's a page for the app on their website, with some info and screenshots of the app.

https://www.qudelix.com/app

The parametric EQ looks great. Hopefully once Radsone sees the Qudelix app, they will make some upgrades to their app too :)

Nov 1, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #158 of 4,753
Woaw

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #159 of 4,753
How? The guy who coded it is now at Qudelix :beyersmile:

There’s a million iOS/Android developers out there...it’s not like that guy is the only guy in the entire world that knows how to add features to the app.

Besides, Radsone would have retained a copy of their app source code, even if one of the developers left (unless they have no idea how to run a business and protect IP). So they would just need to get another developer in to pick up where the previous guy left off.

Hopefully, the original developer used good programming practices - commenting the code, using meaningful/descriptive variable names (instead of “stuff1”, “test2”, “junkjunk3”, etc), making sure it’s not spaghetti code, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #160 of 4,753
There’s a million iOS/Android developers out there...it’s not like that guy is the only guy in the entire world that knows how to add features to the app.

Besides, Radsone would have retained a copy of their app source code, even if one of the developers left (unless they have no idea how to run a business and protect IP). So they would just need to get another developer in to pick up where the previous guy left off.

Hopefully, the original developer used good programming practices - commenting the code, using meaningful/descriptive variable names (instead of “stuff1”, “test2”, “junkjunk3”, etc), making sure it’s not spaghetti code, etc.

Sure, but the actual audio processing part (i.e. the parametric EQ) happens not in the phone app, but on the ES100’s CSR8675 chip itself. It’s firmware/embedded development, which is considerably more difficult to code for. Hopefully Radsone did retain enough expertise in that area.

Nov 1, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #161 of 4,753
Sure, but the actual audio processing part (i.e. the parametric EQ) happens not in the phone app, but on the ES100’s CSR8675 chip itself. It’s firmware/embedded development, which is considerably more difficult to code for. Hopefully Radsone did retain enough expertise in that area.
The Radsone app already has the ability to switch between two EQ modes in which a blanket change for the Q on all frequency points is swapped between 0.7 and 1.4. I'd bet that the code used to process the EQ should already be able to handle arbitrary Q amounts based on this and you'd just need to update the UI to allow you to change them directly.

If they can't do that, then it looks like I'm going to be getting myself a new Christmas present. :grin:

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #162 of 4,753
The Radsone app already has the ability to switch between two EQ modes in which a blanket change for the Q on all frequency points is swapped between 0.7 and 1.4. I'd bet that the code used to process the EQ should already be able to handle arbitrary Q amounts based on this and you'd just need to update the UI to allow you to change them directly.

If they can't do that, then it looks like I'm going to be getting myself a new Christmas present. :grin:

Out of morbid curiosity, I went and found a programming manual for the Kalimba DSP found in CSR chips (disclaimer: I cannot vouch for its accuracy). It really does seem that the EQ coefficients are just loaded into the chip from on-board memory, so it’s possible that they are pre-calculated by the app and passed to the ES100.

Nov 1, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #163 of 4,753

When its easy who cant fiio get thier software right same fails across all ampdacs

Nov 1, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #164 of 4,753
The ES100 is still ahead of its time. Even if another manufacture makes a parametric EQ app it doesn't mean its going to be any good. I have tested parametric EQs particularly for car audio applications where they are necessary and many color the sound in a negative way once its switched on. Very few actually have the resolution of making things better than without EQ turned on. All EQs can ruin the sound if you go out of bounds by boosting too much or not knowing how to use them to your advantage and the compromises that go with it. For a headphone application its not as important.

After looking at how the software is designed for the 5K PEQ I knew right away the guy behind it is talented. I highly doubt the other manufactures will understand or even implement these kind of pro tools and they would be right. Its fascinating that they are in $100 devices.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #165 of 4,753
I really hope they improve the buttons on this compared to the ES100, the placement/feel/tactile feedback was is so infererior to the BTR3. Obviously the ES100 trumped the BTR3 in almost every other way, but the overall built quality is really good on the BTR3. I would have wished that the Quadelix had gone the 2.5D glass route instead of plastic, but as long as they get the buttons right im happy about the build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back