The PXP-900, the ultimate portable... by far.
Dec 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ari33

100+ Head-Fier
A few of you may have heard of the Sony PSP clone the PXP-900. The specs dont stack up particularly well against the more modern handhelds but it its audio circuitry is rumoured to have been specced and designed by none other than Wu-Tang Kwan, the audio engineer responsible for the multi award winning high end Amp the KNOT-Serie-US/N4Z1

"the device offers extensive PMP features, including here support for AVI, RM, RMVB, WMV, ASF, MPG, MPEG, MPE, MP4, DAT, MOV, DAT video files, MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, FLAC, RM-Audio, AMR, AAC+ audio files, but also JPEG, GIF, BMP photos (with zoom feature) and books in TXT format.

Moreover, the device packs a 4.3-inch display with 320x240 pixel resolution,  external input 24/196 USB DAC capabilities, a built-in camera module, 2GB Flash internal memory, as well as an SD Card slot, which supports 
memory cards
 with sizes of up to 4GB. The whole contraption is powered by its built-in rechargeable lithium batteries."

http://gadgets.softpedia.com/news/PXP-900-Chinese-PSP-Clone-Plays-Any-Portable-Game-2643-01.html

Its gonna be awesome combined with my new JVC Marshmallows, I'll review its audio capabilities in the next ten days as mum is getting me one for Christmas.

regular_smile .gif

Dec 17, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #6 of 11
http://www.chinagrabber.com/4-3-2gb-game-mp5-player-w-camera-fm-loudspeaker-pxp-900.html

PXP-900 Specifications:

1. MP4 Specifications
  2. Memory: 2GB (holds 500 songs, or Countless Games)
  3. External Memory: SD Card (4GB Max)
  4. TV-Out Function
  5. Display: 3.5 Inch QVGA(320x240) LTPS TFT LCD (16:9) 
  6. Video Format: AVI 
    Conversion formats: RM, RMVB, AVI, WMV, ASF, MPG, MPEG, MPE, MP4, DAT, MOV, DAT 
    Video Resolution: 320x240 
    FPS (Frames per Second): 25fps 
  7. Music Format: MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, FLAC, RM-Audio, AMR, AAC+
    Bit rate: MP3 8-320Kbps WMA 5-384Kbps 
  8. Picture Format: JPEG, GIF, BMP with zoom 
  9. Record Format: WAV 
  10. Earphone Jack: dual 3.5mm 
  11. SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio): >90dB 
  12. Output of earphones: 2x23mW(16Ohms) 
  13. Output of Speaker: 23mW 
  14. Languages: English, Chinese 
  15. USB: 2.0 
  16. System: Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP Mac OS 10 Linux2.4.2 
  17. Power Source: Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Batteries 

The SD slot maxes out at 4GB?  Nah thanks.

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

The SD slot maxes out at 4GB?  Nah thanks.

There is a hack for it, you solder a wire using BS! 5% silver solder from phase 2 of the headphone jack to the DAC ground and max SDcard capacity will increase. Wu-Tang Kwan the designer of the multi award winning amp (KNOT-Serie-US) has been able to use MicroSD card capacities of 520GB and higher using this mod. 
wink.gif

Have you googled Wu-Tang Kwans multi award winning Amp?  Its so rare that its believed none actually exist.

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

There is a hack for it, you solder a wire using BS! 5% silver solder from phase 2 of the headphone jack to the DAC ground and max SDcard capacity will increase. Wu-Tang Kwan the designer of the multi award winning amp (KNOT-Serie-US) has been able to use MicroSD card capacities of 520GB and higher using this mod. 
wink.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

wink.gif

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Well spotted... and early on!

Apologies, that was a bit mean, April 1st is over 4 months away after all... but I cant believe some of you would actually consider buying something like this based on a groundless rumour,  but Its really not that much different from some of the marketing BS we often read in audio equipment ads. It really does pay to do your homework... a lesson could be learned here. :wink:

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

wink.gif

Have you googled Wu-Tang Kwans multi award winning Amp?  Its so rare that its believed none actually exist.

I can't seem to find the BS! 5% silver solder you speak of.  I've already ordered two PXP-900's, so I'd like to get the solder at the same time.  HALP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back