The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Dec 26, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #586 of 987
FedEx delivered my Predator. What a beauty! I am excited.
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #587 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleEs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Williamchc, this may seen a weird Q, but was the value of the Predator fully declared on the customs declaration form?

No.So I think you don't need to worry about the custom duty
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:16 AM Post #588 of 987
No Predator today.

All my stuff goes to a UPS store address, and when I went there today about 2:30pm I found two vacuum tubes for my DarkVoice 336i amp, a CD from Amazon.com, my smallbearelectronics.com resistors and heat-shrink to do a podectomy on my Altec Lansing IM716.

But, no Predator.

Ray, are you listening? Can you please track my predator or send me tracking?

Larry G. Colorado Springs

Dec 27, 2007 at 7:22 AM Post #589 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by DPRJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Predator arrived yesterday.

I feel Predator (analog input) sounds more brighter than my SR-71.
And when input from USB, Predator's sound going to more relaxed.
So, I can enjoy now two face of Predator. Bright, relative punchy sound or relaxed sound.
I know it's very first stage and sounds will be change, but Predator is very impressive to me at first.

Thank you for 1 day after Christmas present, Ray.

The sound will actually change many times over the first 500-700 hours, before it settles down and stays the same.

Dec 27, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #591 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound will actually change many times over the first 500-700 hours, before it settles down and stays the same.

I have experienced dramatically change on my SR-71. And that change required long long time. So I'm ready for enjoying the long time change
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #593 of 987
received mine early this morning, since i'm in UK and the power plug is US (??) does anyone have any recommendations for a US to UK adaptor? I have been reading about step down voltage converters which can be used for US equipment being charged in the UK.

I am concerned about the voltage since i'm not too sure how US power adaptor and UK voltage work with one another. What are other UK head-fiers using?

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #596 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not late, we can ship it to you tomorrow.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

I am also a RS Tomahawk user, I purchased mine from you 2 months ago.
May I ask if it is too late to place order Predator in special holiday pricing now?
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #597 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by udeupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am also a RS Tomahawk user, I purchased mine from you 2 months ago.
May I ask if it is too late to place order Predator in special holiday pricing now?
biggrin.gif

It is not too late, get in.
Cheers.
Ray Samuels

Dec 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #600 of 987
I've had mine a few days now and I am totally impressed on how good it sounds already with just less than a day's worth of play time. The unit may have 20 hours play on it but it sounds great.
Thanks Ray!!!
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back