The Predator, Portable Headphone Amp/USB DAC Combo
Dec 20, 2007 at 9:09 AM Post #481 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the biggest fears I have with lithium-ion batteries that have to be manufacture-replaced/serviced is the total service life of the battery. Before ordering, I told Ray of my concern in this regard. He explained the battery charging and discharge technical details to me (don't expect me to recall specific voltage numbers, etc., as I don't remember those now). What I did take away from that discussion was that the Predator has an intelligent charging circuit that prevents overcharging, and, just as importantly, circuitry that pampers the battery by not allowing it to be deep-discharged before cutoff. That is, if you use the Predator until the battery circuitry shuts the unit down (the description says "6-7 days of playback at 8 hours per day on one full charge"), it will have shut the Predator off before the lithium-ion battery was anywhere near being deep-discharged. Theoretically, this should maximize the service life of the lithium-ion battery within. That allayed my battery concerns, and so, again, I have a black on black Predator on order from the first batch.

b.gif

This was a problem with the Fossil Palm PDA watches, where people would buy one that had sat on a shelf for a few months and the battery was deep discharged and they have to be replaced by Fossil for $25. Some people left them plugged in for 12 hours a day, so they could use them all day as a PDA, and they also killed batteries to 1/3 of their expected capacity. I paid $250+ for one of these when they first came out, and it will still run for about 1 day on battery - but now used ones are going for $50, and then people solder an ipod shuffle battery into them for 3-4 days of use between charges.

Glad to hear that battery life will be less of an issue with these. I paid for mine over the weekend, so looking forward to it.

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #482 of 987
HI Ray, I made Payment by Paypal (ID: 1TG81xxxxxxxx572U)
and awaiting your tiny nice one.
My reference is #342
(I wrongly wrote this #480 in "Note" in Paypal payment)

Happy Xmas and new year!!

MY Shipping address is "JAPAN" ,,

Tetsun

Dec 20, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #483 of 987
If you wanted to store a device with a Lithium-Ion battery, it is best to leave it with a 50% charge in it at room temperature. Not completely charged, and not completely discharged. You'll be amazed at how long they will last that way. I have no worries whatsoever about the Predator in this regard and am looking forward to mine.

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #484 of 987
Quote:

Originally Posted by williamchc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, Ray

Payment sent via paypal (reserved in post #321)

(Transaction ID #96Bxxxxxxxxxxx62U).

Merry Christmas!

I wonder whether the Predator can choose to have a gold knob. If possible, I would love to have my black predator with gold knob, thanks a lot~

Dec 20, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #485 of 987
Hello,Ray.
The price of Predator for four pieces was remitted as the point.(Transaction ID #ID #6BK***********03Y & ID #6NX***********715)

I am carrying out the shipment to expectation.

Dec 21, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #487 of 987
Dear friends & head-fiers...

We are going to ship the Predator tomorrow, Friday. As we mentioned before that these amps are going fed-ex express, thier delivery very between 2-3 working days. I am so happy that even a little late, but better than never, you will still get it a day after Christmas. I hope you all will enjoy your new toy.

Make sure to fully charge the battery over night the very first time.
May your new year be a healthy & a happy one.
Ray smauels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back