The PowerAmp for Android thread
Jan 2, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #31 of 35
Can poweramp bypass audio from phone toca Dac? Because I am using the avani dongle now and I love its UI.

Give trail version a go. There is USB DAC option so I guess you can do it. Just not quite sure about what models are supported. I only used it once or twice with my Oriolus 1795 in USB mode and it worked pretty good (you just need a proper usb cable - one that can send data).

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #32 of 35
Resurrecting this to ask about resampling. I have used Poweramp for years, on my last 2 phones, and my current phone is Galaxy S9.

Anyway, i just looked at the Audio Info report for the first time (never noticed it before) and was surprised to see that it is upsampling my 44.1kHz files to 48kHz. I found the Resampler setting in the Poweramp menus but there's no option to disable it -- it's just a choice between SW or SoX resamplers. Is there any way to stop this? What am I doing wrong? 99.9% of the files on my phone are 16 / 44.1 (wma losseless and flac, but some mp3 too).
My understanding is that android IS a 48khz system and there is no way around sampling 44.1khz material to 48khz ... get more 48khz materials which is unfortunately what the trend is i.e. resampling to or releases in 48khz. Cheers.

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:41 AM Post #33 of 35
Before purchase, you can download the free trial version of USB Audio Player PRO from here:
https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/uapp-trial
Unless your hardware is dedicated music player which my android car headunit is not, uapp pro or neutron or onkyo hf players that uses their own audio drivers playable only in their respective app will render other android apps to fail in audio output. If possible, try googlemap or just BT phone calls etc. and this no sound issue will arises.

Poweramp uses android driver but optimises it which then does not present this "no sound from android apps" issue but yet allows me to playback dsd files and also maximise my usb audio dac/dsp which is the expensive Brax one.

Cheers.

Jan 13, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #34 of 35
New to poweramp. Using it with Fiio m11 plus ess and my Samsung s7 tablet. Took me a while to get it dialed in on the Fiio without stuttering. Finally got it and loving it for a few weeks now.
Two thing I wish it had.

1: Year info on each album and under “now playing screen”. Interestingly you can look at your entire album collection arranged in years but it doesn’t show that info anywhere else. Seems like such an easy thing. Would love to look at an artists albums and easily see what year each one came out. Or glance if I’m listening in shuffle and see what year the song playing came out.

2. Batch editing for id3 tags.

Any other players have either of those? I’m new to android ecosystem and still figuring things out.

Jan 14, 2023 at 12:17 AM Post #35 of 35
Resurrecting this to ask about resampling. I have used Poweramp for years, on my last 2 phones, and my current phone is Galaxy S9.

Anyway, i just looked at the Audio Info report for the first time (never noticed it before) and was surprised to see that it is upsampling my 44.1kHz files to 48kHz. I found the Resampler setting in the Poweramp menus but there's no option to disable it -- it's just a choice between SW or SoX resamplers. Is there any way to stop this? What am I doing wrong? 99.9% of the files on my phone are 16 / 44.1 (wma losseless and flac, but some mp3 too).
https://casediletanta.blogspot.com/2021/01/poweramp-music-player-build-893.html

This should clarify. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back