The potential of Momentum over-ear
Feb 20, 2014 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SirJoz

New Head-Fier
So I bought those after reading here and with a lot of the help from you guys. (Thank you all very much!)

Now I am wondering... How can I use their full potential? I can feel like they have more than what those glorious headphones show me.

So.. I need a good music player with a lot of space tho.

Does iPod Classic 7th gen 160GB can make my Momentum shine a bit more?

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 5
While a good music player is definitely better than a crappy one. I believe the best thing to do is to have the best music format (that is, assuming that you don't). MP3 file format is compressed and thus has to have sacrificed some sound quality. Uncompressed format is the best if you seek for the best quality. Uncompressed music also takes up a lot more space than compressed files, which explains why there is a big memory allocated for music players.

Now, assuming you already have the best file format for your music. An amp could also bring out better sound from your Momentums. It doesn't require anything powerful like a desktop amp, a portable amp is good enough.

Again, assuming you have cleared the above criteria. The better a music player, can definitely bring out better quality than conventional mobile phones.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #3 of 5
The actual recording is the most important. Make sure you have great recordings. I honestly can't hear the difference between FLAC and 320kbps.

Look into the Fiio X3, ibasso dx50, and fiio x5.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #4 of 5
Thank you Slash, For the time being i am better off without amp because i am backpacking around the world. And yeah... I had to reduce the quality of the format to compress as much music as i can into my 16gb Iphone (which is not really 16gb of music btw lol)

So Yeah Trunks, I also can't hear the difference between those, which makes me wonder if after a decent file quality the next step is amp?
If so then I am good to go with my Momentums for now :)

Thanks

Feb 20, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #5 of 5
The actual recording is the most important. Make sure you have great recordings. I honestly can't hear the difference between FLAC and 320kbps.

Look into the Fiio X3, ibasso dx50, and fiio x5.

+1 that recordings are the most important. Honestly I've done a few blind tests on my headphones, and I can barely tell the difference between FLAC/320kbps. Badly mastered recordings, however, will be easily picked up by your headphones, FLAC or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back