The post a pic(s) of your vinyl rig thread.
Jul 5, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #2 of 18
hmv.jpg

Jul 5, 2006 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
hmv.jpg

[size=large](Laughs)[/size]

Jul 26, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by derekbmn
Nobody has any pics ?
confused.gif

Maybe people who use vinyl don't trust digital. Maybe they only have Kodak prints. Maybe they can only send the pics around by USPS, not by sending bits. Just a thought...

Jul 26, 2006 at 6:00 PM Post #6 of 18
Don't worry, there are definitely some gorgeous vinyl rigs out there that folks will post up soon. Mine isn't as gorgeous, but it does the trick - sorry for the unzoomed shot, but you did ask for the whole rig!

IMG_0164.jpg

The Goldring GR1 with Grado Prestige Gold MM Cart sounds like a dream using the Marantz 2226 phono stage, but I know it can scale up even more - once I get vinyl worthy of it as well.

Jul 26, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #7 of 18
Here is a distant pic of my current TT at top right, a Dual 505 with a Grado MT+ cart. I will post a pic of the new VPI table when it is in place in a few weeks. Drool, drool.

DSCN1731.JPG

But what about the OP, do you have a vinyl rig to share?

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #9 of 18
haha i love how we all have distance shots! fine fine i came home and took one up front and in action! Go Goldring/Grado, Go!

IMG_0167.JPG

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 18
The only picture I have and in the true analogue spirit I tried to replicate an old lith print:
bw7.jpg

May post a proper one later. Afterall this old picture even shows that god aweful Rega Bias cartridge I had
basshead.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #12 of 18
This is the rig with which I happily parted... although I do miss Brigitte:
123.jpg
1234.jpg

1544.jpg

Jul 26, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Don't worry, there are definitely some gorgeous vinyl rigs out there that folks will post up soon. Mine isn't as gorgeous, but it does the trick - sorry for the unzoomed shot, but you did ask for the whole rig!

IMG_0164.jpg

The Goldring GR1 with Grado Prestige Gold MM Cart sounds like a dream using the Marantz 2226 phono stage, but I know it can scale up even more - once I get vinyl worthy of it as well.

oh man...jahn..are you composing now as well?? what is that keyboard doing there?

Jul 27, 2006 at 12:28 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane
Sleet...you are happy you parted with your scoutmaster? Why is that?

Vinyl and I are like oil and water. I grew up with vinyl, but I can't stand the maintenance and inevitable surface noise. For some, the interaction helps them connect to the music. For me it got in the way. I truly feel that properly recorded and mastered digital sounds better, although the "properly mastered" part can feel quite elusive at times. My setups are all geared toward maximizing digital playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back