The possibility of fake akg y50 on ebay?
Feb 1, 2015 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

thatsage

New Head-Fier
Might be a bit odd to post this but I just ordered a pair of AKG y50 off ebay from a HK based seller for about 120$. I'm really looking forward to them. I used to own a pair of ATH SJ55 which I liked a lot but was looking to upgrade a bit after I sort of ruined them accidentally :)

Anyway I became aware there can be lots of fake Beats or Sennheisers and some Akgs too on ebay and I'm suddenly worried maybe they sell fake y50 too? It seems kinda unlikely since it's a new headphone and it's not popular either I think, plus the price seems right. I didn't get them yet. What do you guys think? Should I be worried about the possibility? 

I probably worry too much, but (probably far from most of you guys) these are supposed to be the best headphones I'll own yet :)

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #2 of 6
  Might be a bit odd to post this but I just ordered a pair of AKG y50 off ebay from a HK based seller for about 120$. I'm really looking forward to them. I used to own a pair of ATH SJ55 which I liked a lot but was looking to upgrade a bit after I sort of ruined them accidentally :)

Anyway I became aware there can be lots of fake Beats or Sennheisers and some Akgs too on ebay and I'm suddenly worried maybe they sell fake y50 too? It seems kinda unlikely since it's a new headphone and it's not popular either I think, plus the price seems right. I didn't get them yet. What do you guys think? Should I be worried about the possibility? 

I probably worry too much, but (probably far from most of you guys) these are supposed to be the best headphones I'll own yet :)

$99 on Amazon if you are in the US...
I seriously don't think the eBay ones would be fake as the popularity of the Y50 is not high enough for them to even bother.

Feb 1, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #3 of 6

$99 on Amazon if you are in the US...
I seriously don't think the eBay ones would be fake as the popularity of the Y50 is not high enough for them to even bother.

Yeah that's what I thought. I know, I can't order electronics from Amazon for some reason they don't ship electronics to Israel (if I was in the us it'd all be much simpler haha). Thanks for the reassurance :)

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #5 of 6
  If you're in Israel then Bug has the Y50 for cheaper than Amazon (360 NIS). Very nice headphones, btw.

I was actually quite rash in my decision and just assumed it'd be more pricey if I try to buy it locally so I ordered online before checking, what a mistake... Later I found out Ivory has them for less than Amazon and now you say Bug sells them for even cheaper. Lesson learned.

I asked the seller if I can cancel my order hopefully it's not too late! Thank you :)

Feb 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 6
Look at the seller history feedback.  If they are an honest seller with no history of selling counerfeit you are pretty safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back