The PortaPros have arrived!
Oct 15, 2002 at 5:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

madcowz

New Head-Fier
After taking advantage of the 50% off deal and about a week of waiting, the headphones arrived in the mail today! Looks wise they are pretty ugly, and I probably wouldn't be caught with them in public. These aren't exactly a sturdy set of phones that you can toss in your bag and let take a beating either. So despite these downfalls, I'd say the sound and price especially still make these phones a great value. My first impressions when hooking up the portapro's to my onkyo SE-U55 external soundcard were a little mixed. They sounded decent, but the sound wasn't open enough... I dunno something was missing. Well after about 6 hours of break-in, I'm happy to report an improvement; they are sounding great already! Beats my half-crappy JBL NSP1-II / SVS sub / Harman Kardon AVR220 setup for sure! I originally bought these phones for sparing use when my speakers would be disturbing to my roomate or others, but now I have a feeling I'm going to use these even outside of that scenario! All I have to say is WOW! At $31, these headphones are a steal! Now I'm thinking of even buying a set of KSC-35 earbuds so I can have this great sound on the go w/o looking ridiculous in these flimsly cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back