The Portal Panache Integrated Amplifier
Aug 24, 2002 at 2:29 PM Post #16 of 18
*BUMP*

Why has no one auditioned this thing yet? I'm curious but don't have the $1800 to spend right now. Come on someone write me a nice comparative review or send me one and I'll do it.

Aug 25, 2002 at 6:19 AM Post #17 of 18
I had totally forgotten about this. This looks like something I may have to check out sometime. With a 60 day risk-free trial, how can you lose?

I'd love to see how it compares to my Classe integrated for speakers and the McCormack MID for headphones.

I'll let y'all know if I do this.

Aug 25, 2002 at 1:55 PM Post #18 of 18
Well, I have had it a while longer now, and have recently used it for the break-in of the stunning new Von Schweikert VR-4 Gen. III Special Edition. This "little" Panache HAMMERED the min. 3ohm load of the vr-4 three days straight.
What I can say with confidence presently is it has quite a good helping of the bass solidity of the Bryston and Krell. The best part is the stunning midrange/upper bass of this unit. It really does seem to have this palpability of the tubed Manley Snapper in the midrange that totally belies its price.
I just still have not auditioned the headphone circuit. (Now don't go throwing me out of the club gentlemen! I simply have the luxory of having a dedicated room and have never really had the "need" for cans!).
The unit is now on loan to a friend who is breaking in a pair of Coincident Partial Eclipse speakers for me. He reports to me that indeed he agrees with me on the Panache.
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back