The Poor Man's Grado Case *56K*
Dec 10, 2008 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

baneat

Head-Fier
Hi, I have recently come into possession of about 10 empty Haribo boxes, you know, the ones with the plastic lid that holds penny sweets. I've been finding them really useful. I use one as a dock for my iPod (using the little white thing sellotapt and some filing of the little white thing) and I used another for a case for my Grados. I looked at them and realised that it might fit the very delicate headphones I've been risking every day, these ones.
28iuuq8.jpg

So, I looked at all the boxes I had. The most shallow one works the best because it's the most compact. I suppose if you had an amp a deeper one would be more suitable. The boxes look like this;
bdte08.jpg

So, anyway, stick them in
34rtb3t.jpg

shut the lid
dxnv9y.jpg

And enjoy. I use it to keep my headphones safe when they travel in a bag, and it doesn't cost too much more space than they usually would.
264t6kz.jpg

So, if you want some cheap protection for your precious Grados and you don't want to spend anything, try asking your newsagent for one of these boxes, at least it doesn't cost $20.

Sorry about the image resizing, forgot to do the other 4. You get the point anyway :p

If someone can offer improvements to this case I'm glad to hear it (like a foam lining or something)

Dec 14, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #7 of 9
You might want to resize those pictures :')
I'm on 1600x1200 here, and I still have to scroll to see the whole pic.
And for headphone storage, I use S shaped coathangers and hang them on a rail near my desk
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #9 of 9
This thread had me on the edge of my seat the entire time...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back