The Plasma & LCD TV Thread: Post Pics of Yours? Ask Questions?
Apr 15, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #166 of 206
I'm thinking of a 37"-40" 720P TV. Any suggestions?
My budget is about 1000$.

Apr 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #168 of 206
I'll have to agree Panasonic is the best bang for the buck out there and just slightly
under the Kuro for picture but with the new models at the end of the month that might
put them in first place.

Apr 16, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #169 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by zx10guy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the after with the 141FD mounted:

front031509.jpg

Your next project is going to be cable management! That basement is cleaner than clean.... yet you allow all of those loose, seemingly non-purposefully placed cables? AH!!!! Get a cable track... or at least some wire loom. Oh, and an all-in-one media center remote. I noticed quite a few remotes in that other pic
bigsmile_face.gif

Absolutely beautiful home BTW, bravo. You definately know what your doing
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #170 of 206
Performance based...which company makes best LCD TV's overall?

May 19, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #171 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Performance based...which company makes best LCD TV's overall?

Sony XBR series along with LED based LCD.
XBR4, XBR8, etc.

Samsung 7 series LED based.

LCD is the last technology to be talking about performance anyways.

May 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #173 of 206
I'm afraid with the economics in the shape their in we will see more things that audio/videophiles will not agree with as far as product lines being either discontinued or
sold to another corporation.

May 19, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #174 of 206
I upgraded to an entry level Panasonic TC-P50X1 plasma and boy am I happy.
I hang around the AVS forums and searched for " bang for the buck plasma".
A member was nice enough to post his service menu settings and break in procedure for most panny's. For less than a grand I have a semi-professionally calibrated 50" plasma. I am now a high-def addict. I added a up-converting Toshiba XD-500 dvd player and I am good untill the $99 blu-ray players come out for x-mas. This picture is beautiful.

Jun 7, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #178 of 206
Quote:

Originally Posted by btf1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pioneer Kuro here. 5010FD.

Nice looking setup. Have you tried moving those speakers wider? You could just switch the right speakers place with the subwoofer and left speakers place with the equipment rack which holds the turntable.

Very deep black levels indeed with Kuro. Looking awesome.

Jun 7, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #179 of 206
Damn all of you Kuro owners!

Oh wait, I got one too...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Although I don't really have a home theatre setup. That's one of the drawback living in a studio apartment - I can't get a decent HT setup and blast the volume while watching movies.

But you know the stock speakers from Kuro is surprisingly very good. Especially with the 3D sound emulation turned on (can't quite remember the exact feature name). It makes you feel like there's a surround thing happening in front of the TV.

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #180 of 206
i got a sony w series 120hz 46" lcd tv a few months ago after purchasing and returning about 4.

its pretty good, blacks are really black. However, my advice to anyone looking for a midlevel tv would be to get a panasonic plasma, even 720p, theyre definitely the best bang for the buck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back