The Pixies to Reunite and Tour?
Sep 11, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 10
Could be cool.

Why'd they have to bring up the Eagles in that article? Hard to imagine two more different bands.

Sep 11, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #3 of 10
Not sure how I feel about this. I was a big Pixies fan, when Doolittle first came out, I devoured that album whole. i wonder if all they will achieve is to live their "legend" (such as it is) down? Maybe it's better for some groups to just leave it be. Have you guys been following Frank Black's solo career? Me either.
evil_smiley.gif

OK, that's a lie, I've been conned into buying at least 3 of his solo releases, the last one being "Dog In the Sand" another supposed "comeback" vehicle. Not bad, but boring-- not memorable, relatable, or fun, back to used CD store. I vowed that was the end of me and Frank Black.

If they make a new record as the pixies, I hope he finds his sense of humor, spirit of adventure, aggression, and oh yeah, some tunes would be nice.
rolleyes.gif

Mark

Sep 11, 2003 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 10
Really? Nice rumor, but Kim Deal and Frank Black have always even refused to discuss The Pixies in interviews I have seen or read. Hope it's true.

"we were big once, then your head exploded..."

Sep 12, 2003 at 7:45 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by markl Have you guys been following Frank Black's solo career? Me either.
evil_smiley.gif

Franky baby, give Kim a little creative control. The Breeders blew away anything you did.

Sep 21, 2003 at 4:12 AM Post #9 of 10
Actually, I really like Frank Black's solo output, and was never very fond of the Pixies -- so here's another vote that they eschew the dreaded reunion tour.

I am behind, though, by, like, 3 albums (he's been very prolific of late).

Sep 21, 2003 at 4:21 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Actually, I really like Frank Black's solo output, and was never very fond of the Pixies --

I'm the opposite. I LOVE the Pixies, but I don't care much for Frank's solo efforts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back