The PID (Paul McCartney is dead) Myth
Aug 21, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #31 of 40
If one knows what the Beatles are about and their particular history with the three letter thing that can not be talked about, then one knows what it actually means and it's super funny that rest of the world are so dumbfounded by this simple statement...

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:29 AM Post #32 of 40
BDF3C368-283E-485E-8D3E-BEBF805A7145.jpeg
14D658A9-A3AD-4078-A674-342887DB7584.jpeg

What does it mean?

May 27, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #34 of 40
May 30, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #36 of 40
May 31, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #37 of 40
I had two copies - both unpeeeled and one mint - so to me it meant lots of $$$
I used to work in a record store part time, and yes those and the Beatles Club Christmas albums were super rare..........it was like the store got quiet of of a sudden if someone had one of those.......and stumbled in. But yes I got to see peeled ones and still covered-up ones.

It was right when CDs were new and people were actually looking at their old records as obsolete? HAHA Once a poor soul walked-in with everything Beatles and traded em for CDs.........that was in the late 1980s, and I still remember the event.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #38 of 40
I used to work in a record store part time, and yes those and the Beatles Club Christmas albums were super rare..........it was like the store got quiet of of a sudden if someone had one of those.......and stumbled in. But yes I got to see peeled ones and still covered-up ones.

It was right when CDs were new and people were actually looking at their old records as obsolete? HAHA Once a poor soul walked-in with everything Beatles and traded em for CDs.........that was in the late 1980s, and I still remember the event.
A very hardcore LP shop in Lowell MA ('92) had a small pile of records that was being thrown away, there were 3 copies of "Everything Must Pass", some Fleetwood Mac LP's, and a beat up copy of Beatles Yesterday and Today, one look and I knew what it really was. The guy said take whatever you want, and I did.

The other one my 1/2 brother bought when it came out - but he and by extension me didn't really like it, so it stayed in its wrap for years and around '74 long after he sold me his small vinyl collection, I looked at it after reading about the Butcher Cover, and it went into storage until 2016 - mint unpeeled (first state).

Outside of the Micro Seiki DQX-1000 I got for $175 in '82, they were the only really big finds in all my years of buying equipment and recordings - but they were biggies.

May 31, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #39 of 40
A very hardcore LP shop in Lowell MA ('92) had a small pile of records that was being thrown away, there were 3 copies of "Everything Must Pass", some Fleetwood Mac LP's, and a beat up copy of Beatles Yesterday and Today, one look and I knew what it really was. The guy said take whatever you want, and I did.

The other one my 1/2 brother bought when it came out - but he and by extension me didn't really like it, so it stayed in its wrap for years and around '74 long after he sold me his small vinyl collection, I looked at it after reading about the Butcher Cover, and it went into storage until 2016 - mint unpeeled (first state).

Outside of the Micro Seiki DQX-1000 I got for $175 in '82, they were the only really big finds in all my years of buying equipment and recordings - but they were biggies.
Yep, those were the days. I remember walking in to a Goodwill and seeing this Pioneer turntable. Though the notable thing was the Shure V15 cartridge. Around 1996 they had stuff like that, as who knew what anything was, the Internet had just started and no one could reference anything, especially and old cart. I payed the $10.00 and the turntable rode home in the car passenger seat, like a new puppy. It was meant to be I guess, going to a good home.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #40 of 40
I have a great story. I was only 13 years old and was at this outdoor camp for a whole month. Secluded many miles.......maybe about 23 miles from civilization. It just turned out they had me in a tent with a bunch of silly Beatles fans, only they were 14, 15 and 16 year old girls. Back then there were no segregation or thoughts of anything sexy going on......I mean come on we were little kids! Truly their tent was my next door next to mine.

That was where I learned about the Paul conspiracies. Not only that these gals knew every Beatles song and would sing them in chorus!

I mean we spent 5 hours every night going over Beatles history and singing songs. It is one of my greatest childhood memories!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back