The Perfect DAP is the Touch 2G and Cowon S9 mixed with the Clip's SQ
Feb 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

neoufo51

500+ Head-Fier
You know this is true.

If you merged the Touch 2G's complete Web and App featureset with the Cowon S9's featureset, including video support and UMS connectivity, and add to that the Clip's SQ, you'd have a perfect player.

Alas, nobody is creating something like that.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know this is true.

If you merged the Touch 2G's complete Web and App featureset with the Cowon S9's featureset, including video support and UMS connectivity, and add to that the Clip's SQ, you'd have a perfect player.

Alas, nobody is creating something like that.

Haven't heard the Cowon SQ, but I'd keep the Touch 2G SQ over the Clip (and I own both).

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 13
the touch may have a different sound sig to the clip and on this site (which generally gives preference to non-apple products) is known as a toy, is actually one of the best audio performers. if you don't like the sound sig i understand but... sq between the two is actually in favour of the touch as it can produce a better channel separation.

if you like eq then you can play a bit more with the clip but the touch does everything as well as the clip plus drives at least iems better.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 13
Sounds like the Sony X1000 might come pretty close to this.

Feb 16, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sony x1000 GUI is quite awesome, hopefully the final product will not lag as in video shown.

From the way the video looked, it might not have been lagging, it could have just been a "click and hold for a bit" response instead of just pressing. I guess something like that could get rid of that annoying accidental pressing that goes on with certain players?

Or maybe the sensitivity was set to low?

Or maybe it really was lagging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back