The peak of immaturity (root cause: boredom)
Nov 17, 2023 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

alphaman

Formerly known as headfone
I gotta say, I am completely entertained by Amir's YouTube channel. I don't know how he carries on with a straight face (poker?). Maybe he is totally serious ; and, hence, completely confabulated (or at least cognitively dissonant) about how metrics correlate with the subjective experience called LIFE. As in: get one, dude!!
Not sure about the membership gang-in-tow at his fave hangout .. the ... ahem ... "science" review forum. If y'all really want to take "science" seriously, at least make the majority of discussion about "science" review. Yes? N'est pas?

Not sure the major domo realizes that serious "science" projects -- when taken into the realm of forums and bulletin boards -- will devolve into predictable filter bubbles and echo chambers. And then comes financial economics -- heavy reliance on $$ sponsors, because forums are $$ to run -- and social economics (major contributors, members, with "free" content and reviews and too much time on their hand).
What a weird place.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #2 of 9
I guess you are bored?
I mean, making a post with no context, talking crap about someone else, just because you disagree with them, without anything constructive to add at all, is kinda like kids in the school yard, isn't it?

Nov 18, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 9
I guess you are bored?
I mean, making a post with no context, talking crap about someone else, just because you disagree with them, without anything constructive to add at all, is kinda like kids in the school yard, isn't it?
Thx for your reply. You've been at this joint for about two mos. with interesting (= non-boring) stats:
As of Nov 18, 2023: Posts 349; Likes 738
Wow!
Sony CDP-338 ESD is indeed unexpected from an Amir-o-phile. The CXD1244 is a great DF.

Nov 18, 2023 at 7:05 AM Post #4 of 9
Thx for your reply. You've been at this joint for about two mos. with interesting (= non-boring) stats:
As of Nov 18, 2023: Posts 349; Likes 738
Wow!
Sony CDP-338 ESD is indeed unexpected from an Amir-o-phile. The CXD1244 is a great DF.
You can exchange ASR with any other forum/person, it's not about that at all. It's about you being immature while accusing others of being the same. That kind of stuff don't sit well with me, and 350 posts and two months, don't change anything about that.

Nov 18, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 9
You can exchange ASR with any other forum/person, it's not about that at all. It's about you being immature while accusing others of being the same. That kind of stuff don't sit well with me, and 350 posts and two months, don't change anything about that.
This is a non sequitur Lindholt. Why begin an exchange with someone you deem "immature"? Why subject yourself to that contagion? It's because you are bored. Hence all those posts in so little time. There is world outside audio forums. See my Sig line.
Bottom line: for some, let's have good-looking audio hardware, so-so performance, and be done with it.

Attachments

• uo_1499029985-29776-14.jpg
    uo_1499029985-29776-14.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #6 of 9
This is a non sequitur Lindholt. Why begin an exchange with someone you deem "immature"? Why subject yourself to that contagion? It's because you are bored. Hence all those posts in so little time. There is world outside audio forums. See my Sig line.
Bottom line: for some, let's have good-looking audio hardware, so-so performance, and be done with it.
You are the definition of an internet troll. Have fun with that, and maybe reflect a bit on what could have gone wrong in your life, since this is the way you like to spend your time.
Have a nice evening :)

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 9
The root of immaturity is avoiding responsibilities. Responsibilities create challenge, failure, frustration, effort, determination, accountability, willingness to learn, independence, suffering, sacrifice, reliability, etc. Many people are afraid of facing these but they are facts of life and those who don’t learn how to meet these head on, to the best of their abilities and learn from them, are bound to fail. They remain weak and rely on others as they did when they were children. After a while, mature people who have tried to help them, grow tired of them. Most of these immature individuals are weak and grow to be resentful blaming life and most people for their misery.

Dec 29, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #9 of 9
I don’t know much about him but….

I think Amir is an engineer or some type of science guy. He has good views. If you’re a home studio guy and doing audio mixing, then accuracy and the non snake oil stuff is valuable. But i feel that if you’re a music listener, accuracy is not that important and whatever sounds good to your taste is fine even if it may break his “rules”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back