The Past, Present and Future
Oct 11, 2011 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
Hey everyone. 

I wanted to send out an update as to what is going on with Whiplash Audio. We have been faced with many obstacles and now its time to get back on track. So I wanted to create a thread called The Past, Present and Future!

Past:

We have been faced with many challenges. Some were almost impossible to overcome while some were more based on a long-term plan. We have been faced with the very popular TWag v2 product. If you only knew how much wire we have used in one year, I think it would surprise everyone. Since we are a custom cable company and cables are not on the shelf waiting to ship, a large concern we had was the increase demand over TWag v2 and the idea  that making custom cables is who we are and loosing that focus would make us just another cable manufacturer. We do not have any cable that takes minutes to make. NONE. So with this increase demand and our turn around time exceeding our standards, I was faced with many decisions. So I hired another employee to help with the manufacturing process. Training of course was an issue, however working in a team approach, we are now almost caught up with all of our orders. In fact we see the light at the end of the tunnel and that has not happened in over a year.  

On major reason why we were so backup was the replacement of v1 cables. That sent us in working overtime, weekends and pushed back lead times for existing orders. In the process, this nearly closed our doors. Lots of decisions were made and some helped while others put us closer to the end. 

One event that happened recently was a tragedy. The sudden death of Lee Weiland; owner of CryoParts and Locus Design. He was a VERY close friend and I'm still feeling the effects of his loss. I often find myself emailing him on advice or a simple conversation. The result of his passing also impacted Whiplash Audio and TWag v2. Since I had exclusive rights to selling this amazing wire and he and he only knew the manufacturer, I was faced with running out of my famed product. Panic sent in. Very soon after his death, a dear friend and colleague helped with the immediate business concerns that Lee left behind and also with my concerns as well. He deserves a metal since he went beyond humanly possibilities and took over lots of logistics that were needed to help Lee's family survive. Lee's wife is very ill and she really has no one that could help. In addition to running his own business, helping with Lee's family affairs, Lee's business affairs, he also helped in figuring out where I can pick up where Lee left off. Well as of Friday, I officially ordered more Twag v2 Eclipse. The purchase took everything I had and so much more. I was buying the wire from Lee and not taking on the burden of buying a massive amount all at once which the factory requires in order to make pure silver wire. I almost threw up (well I think I actually did) when I read the price tag. Knowing the popularity of this amazing wire, I knew that I had no choice. So it took more than just me to finance this MASSIVE undertaking. So, more is coming. Twag v2 will survive. 

Present:

As I mentioned before TWag v2 will continue. Well right now I'm having my offices converted into a retail location. There will be 2 sections; high end audio which is cables, headphones, amps, DACs, etc. The other is my new adventure which I will go into after this, my new Pro Audio beginnings. Here I will offer pro cables like XLRs, RCAs, digital cables, instruments cables, guitar recabling  - yes you heard it guitar recabling. In fact it sounds so nice since the wire used in guitars is so bad, replacing with a audiophile wire makes your guitar sing! My retail location wiill be opening this late fall and I hope to have a grand opening soon.

I have also branched out in the Pro Audio market. I will be showing my cables in the upcoming AES show in NYC. Also I have been working with a professional studio in NYC that works with Grammy award winning musicians and producers. My main focus will be studios and pro musicians and of course audio enthusiasts. I just launched my new site http://www.whiplashproaudio.com . Its not even close to be finished. So there is only a few products showing, but soon that will change!!

I have many new products that are new. One that is really incredible. Its called my hybrid series. It combines TWag v2 with my new TWcu 26. SO every conductor has BOTH wires. I never thought it would sound this good. If you take all of the great characteristics of silver and add copper, then the final product is a PERFECT blend between the 2. Its that surprising. Plus it looks really sharp. Hybrid can not be used for every product since this process takes a 4 conductor cable assembly and now makes it an 8 conductor. The results is a new step towards perfection. Here are some samples.

Email me if you think you might have a different application since this can be used in many ways besides what you see here. The above cables are current on my site; http://www.whiplashaudio.com

I also have more new designs with my new AES XLR cables. Lots of promotions that will be coming out as well. New USB cables which include Type A - Type B mini. New interconnects and much much more!

One new IEM cable that should be taken seriously. I just recently introduced my new TWcu 26 OM cable!! For product details, please follow this link: http://www.whiplashaudio.com/whiplash-audio-twcu-26-om-iem-replacement-cable.html . This new IEM cable has so rich in sound. Details, sound, flexibility and PRICE makes this new copper IEM cable a winner.......

Future:

Well since I have invested all I have in TWag v2, I hope it all works out. We are now caught up. Starting next week, we should be able to get cables out very quickly. Please still remember that our cables are custom made. Our new direction and our new dedication to make sure emails are responded to in a responsible time, cables ship quickly and product quality is always our main focus.

One new idea that I will be investigating is offering TWag v2 Eclipse for bulk sales. This will give DIY'ers the ability to use one of the best silver wires out there. I need to see if there is enough interests. So far, I must have receive hundreds of emails asking if this wire will ever be offered to DIY'ers. I will be starting a thread regarding the interests level in this idea. I also may offer a pre-order since I have LOTS of wire coming my way. SO I figured I might as well share it with the community. This is just an idea so there are no guaratees.

So in closing. Thanks to all of my customers that hung in there while we struggled to get caught up. There will be times when I cant get back to you on an email. I will try my best to speed that process up!!

Thanks for your support
Craig Sanborn
Whiplash Audio
csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Oct 12, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #2 of 10
Thank you Craig for the heads-up! Sorry to hear the lost of your close friend. I have been your loyal customer ever since I got my WhipMod, which is an excellent unit that I love.

Looking forward to your future product and best wishes,
Ian

Oct 12, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 10
Cool, thanks for the update Craig.  That really reassures me.

I got the TWag v.1 replacement UE cable and LCD-2 RSA cable you sent me today.  The cables look really polished and well-constructed.  In case anyone's wondering, Craig proactively replaced my 2 TWag v.1 cables with v.2 Eclipses.  I'm sure it was a rocky few months for him and his business, but Craig really came through for me.

Here's a pic of the UE cable, which has plastic covers protecting the prongs, and has the new smaller diameter Viablue.  It's much less bulky than the original Viablue housing, and it actually fits into my iPod/iPhone headphone outs (whereas the old Viablue wouldn't because of the cases I have).

Here's the UE cable with my LCD-2 RSA cable:

Thanks again, Craig.  Keep up the good work.

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks for being such a loyal customer. Even during some rough times, its good to see some happiness come out!!

Now where is everyone? We are now ready for you!!  Hahaha..

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
Thank you Craig for the heads-up! Sorry to hear the lost of your close friend. I have been your loyal customer ever since I got my WhipMod, which is an excellent unit that I love.

Looking forward to your future product and best wishes,
Ian

Boy I have to say that you have one cute baby. I'm sure you have heard this a few times before. 

More products to come......lots more!!

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 10
I think Im here as well to give my testimonial.
I see Craig as someone who will get things done in the end, without fail. While there are difficult times in contacting him( ive been there ) , in the end things will work out. I guess it is crucial to for both parties to have patience. Not to forget, Craig will never hesitate to answer any of your question, even if the answer seems to obvious.
Since he have already caught up, im pretty sure this problem will be very minimal.
I own a few of the products ranging from the WhipMOD with reference LOD to the eclipse and I must say Craig and his team offer one of the best custom cables around. I am pleased with my purchases and it is definitely worth the wait.

A well deserved thumbs up
beerchug.gif

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
I think Im here as well to give my testimonial.I see Craig as someone who will get things done in the end, without fail. While there are difficult times in contacting him( ive been there ) , in the end things will work out. I guess it is crucial to for both parties to have patience. Not to forget, Craig will never hesitate to answer any of your question, even if the answer seems to obvious.
Since he have already caught up, im pretty sure this problem will be very minimal.
I own a few of the products ranging from the WhipMOD with reference LOD to the eclipse and I must say Craig and his team offer one of the best custom cables around. I am pleased with my purchases and it is definitely worth the wait.

A well deserved thumbs up
beerchug.gif

Well thank you. All of the posts have been paid for and well worth it!!! No seriously, thanks for the support. In this business its hard to handle growth since one day you are making "x" and the next "z" is popular. Its like a dog chasing its tail. 

I will do my best and everything knows that......

THANKS!!!
Craig

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #8 of 10

Quote:
Well thank you. All of the posts have been paid for and well worth it!!! No seriously, thanks for the support. In this business its hard to handle growth since one day you are making "x" and the next "z" is popular. Its like a dog chasing its tail. 

I will do my best and everything knows that......

THANKS!!!Craig

Craig I just sent you an email about re-terminating a cable for me. 

Hope all is getting better by you

Oct 21, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #9 of 10
How does the TWcu 26 OM compare sound and performance-wise to the Twag 2?

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Hallo Craig

I am one of the loyal Custommer from whiplash , I have whiplash cable Twag 2 eclipse as follow :

1 set balance RS 71 B for my JH 16 PRO

1 set balance custom RS 71 B mix between Twag v2 woth copper for my HD 800 

1 set lod to USB for Fostex Hp 1

1 set lod to balance RS 71 B

1 set balance female to mini via blue 

Because I love your product I bought 3 month a go two cable :

1 set lod to balance RS 71 B , but was only 3 cables instead normally 4 cables 

1 set female balance RS 71 B to mini via blue normal size , was death no sound 

I had send these 2 defected cables for repair to you since 3 month ago , but until today you 

Have not send back to me.

If you do not want repair them , please send back to indonesia .

I do not want anymore reason from you with your employer make mistake with my two defected 

Cable .

I wrote email more than 10 times, but your answer always the same : could be mistake with my employer 

Why your customer service is VERY BAD 

i hope you send my two cables by Monday back in repair or without repair .

I hope you send my two defected cable by monday  on 5 of March 2012

If not I will publish more with all your email and photos from my two defected cables 

Thank you for your attention 

Best regatds

Rudi 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back