The 'Pack Shot' Thread
Aug 4, 2004 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
I saw the pictures of the Meridian G07 on the Sources forum, and I must say they look even better than the actual players! I would really, really love some pointers as to how to take the optimal picture to spruce up my Head-Fi reviews, how to light things, how/where to get and use proper backgrounds, etc... without spending a ton of money on pro gear.

I've posted some (in my opinion) great pictures sometimes, but those have been I regret to say, total flukes. Usually I have no idea what I'm doing. When I'm outside or travelling, I'm a point and shoot guy and have never bothered with the complex manual modes of even the huge SLR's that I used to have. In fact I abandoned one of those (last one was an Olympus OM-Ti?) for a Canon Sureshot compact.

Currently I have the Sony DSC-V1 camera, which combines manual abilities with full auto. I have in fact almost never ventured beyond full auto. Tips? Pointers? Hint swaps? All appreciated here.

Aug 4, 2004 at 4:55 PM Post #2 of 6
Bangra, one of the best ways to take better shots is to assure that you know the limitations and strengths of your camera. Time and time again when I meet/greet new camera users they may be savvy on the manual, but often that is a maze within itself and leaves the user befuddled [espesically in this case with a Sony
evil_smiley.gif
]. I would suggest you look over this review:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sonydscv1/

[make sure you go through all the pages - really helpful and great examples]

They have a similiar review of my cam, the Nikon CoolPix 5700 pro. Once I read their review of the camera I was able to ask more specific questions [in a similiar situation] and knock out any queries I had withstanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back