The Pacemaker
Mar 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #62 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzer1975 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no idea mate for definite, it doesn't "look" like it does, but if quaddy should be able to answer this one definitively, I am 99% sure I have seen a f/s thread from him selling a pacemaker.

As ever though, I could be mistaken.

ahh OK; i'll quiz him on it; because i'm sure the novelty is probably wearing off for a few people by now LOL, could probably get one for a decent enough price on fleabay

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #64 of 87
From Here:
Pacemaker - The pocket-size DJ system
Quote:

3.4.1 Q: Does Pacemaker have digital out?

A: Pacemaker is prepared to support S/PDIF out via coaxial. This functionality will be available in an early software upgrade.

Don't see any mention of it in their latest software changelog...

Mar 20, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #65 of 87
Thanks for the lightning fast response.I already thought this would be nothing but hot air,otherwise this thing would be far more popular.I don´t understand the companies that produce portable audio gear.Cowon was on the right path but now they are so much into PMP that it sickens me.The X5 is a really good player I think but why is their no successor with a nice sleak design,bigger HDD and without the unnecessary video function.People pay so much money for stuff that has been discontinues years ago to get a decent output,and nobody at Cowon is noticing it.The S9 is a nice player,thats for sure,but I want just an audio player,nothing else.And HDD capacity is very important when you use FLACs.
By the way,does anyone know what is the biggest HDD one can put into the X5,I had a look around but the old IDE Connector isn´t very popular these days.By the way,I have a X5L,so the HDD can be a thick one
Sorry,I didn´t want to take over this thread but I also didn´t want to open a new thread.
Please PM me if you know something about the things I mentioned,and also if anyone has got a iRiver for sale,I am searching for,what a surprise,the H120 or H140
Thanks,you are all so kind here

Mar 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:

Ive heard you and others say it before now, but it beats the crap outta me why manufacturers don't seem to want to make a decent capacity player with either true line out or optical out. I mean these are features found on players from 4 or 5 years ago, seems we are going backwards half the time.

totally mate; I have no bloody idea WTH these guys are thinking. I mean I emailed iriver about this matter, including links to several of the H120-H140 that went for stupid amounts of money on fleabay; even non-functioning ones. I included a queory regarding their plans to make/or not a HD player with digital out and they replied saying they had no plans to release anything of the sort. The stupidest thing is that most of these players actually have some sort of SPDIF or I2S stream present in some form and noone is prepared to make it accessable. beats me what the reason behind this is, but it pisses me off that my latest 'upgrade' includes a chunky player with a black and white screen!!
frown.gif
. and i'm happy about it!! how ridiculous is that for christ sake!!!

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #67 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but it pisses me off that my latest 'upgrade' includes a chunky player with a black and white screen!!
frown.gif
. and i'm happy about it!! how ridiculous is that for christ sake!!!

ROFLMAO it's so true.

imagine the players we would be dealing with now if players like the h100 series had evolved and been updated etc... almost brings a tear to your eye thinking about what could have been.

Mar 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #68 of 87
Quote:

ROFLMAO it's so true.

imagine the players we would be dealing with now if players like the h100 series had evolved and been updated etc... almost brings a tear to your eye thinking about what could have been.

stop right there!!! just STOP!!!! itouch with coax or any type of spdif OMGBBQ
frown.gif
that is where the state of technology IS; WTH is going on???

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #69 of 87
I've NEVER heard of this player until just now. And I've been looking for a player with, what I consider, my basic needs for a player (see sig) and it's just a real DAP (no bells or whistles other than the obvious feature they're selling it for). Since I dj as a hobby, it's not a bad add-on. $800 worth, though? I thought Archos 5 had a price I would be willing to pay, but this is the first time I'll be wincing as I realize the drain this will have.

But audio quality is paramount if I'm paying THAT much, and apparently it doesn't quite have that? I can't even get a digital signal from it? It's now too expensive by a couple hundred dollars if that's the case. What the heck, DAPs are de-evolving. And it's not just for the audiophile, either. My own little brother wants more capacity and other things improved rather than just some box trying to be a swiss army knife.

But at least there's now a third choice that comes somewhat close to what I'm looking for. Before it was just the iPod and the Archos 5.

Mar 23, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #70 of 87
I think the problem with the Peacemaker is that it is much too expansive for buying it just to try it out.I´ve never read anything about the sound quality straight out of the device.Perhaps it sounds really good.If that would be the case I think I would buy it.But as long as there is no reliable review available I hesitate.Also,the quality of the line out would be very interesting.
I think the device by itself is nicely done.Not too big,the user interface seems good too.
If anyone has one,please tell me about the sound quality.For me,the player would not be that expansive because I live in germany,it would cost less than 500€ wich is OK for me,if it has the features needed.

Mar 23, 2009 at 1:39 PM Post #71 of 87
the point is that it has too many features; too much money will have gone into giving you features that do not relate directly to sound quality. people spend huge amounts of money on gear here; if it was any good i'm sure it would have a reputation on here. even the kenwood players; some of which are quite expensive have got a user base on here. also the IMOD with cable will cost about the same, so I dont think its the money, although that will be a factor.

Mar 23, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #72 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the point is that it has too many features; too much money will have gone into giving you features that do not relate directly to sound quality. people spend huge amounts of money on gear here; if it was any good i'm sure it would have a reputation on here. even the kenwood players; some of which are quite expensive have got a user base on here. also the IMOD with cable will cost about the same, so I dont think its the money, although that will be a factor.

Your point is well taken. But the fact is that among that blizzard of features are a few snowflakes that everyone on this site is trying to catch. I posted earlier in this thread that it is my understanding that the lineout is an analog/digital multi-jack with autosensing. Many people on this site would pay through the nose for a competent, high capacity player with a digital out. Assuming that the lineout is, in fact digital-capable, there are some among us who would gladly shell out for this luscious little device. I certainly would, if I had a job...

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #74 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your point is well taken. But the fact is that among that blizzard of features are a few snowflakes that everyone on this site is trying to catch. I posted earlier in this thread that it is my understanding that the lineout is an analog/digital multi-jack with autosensing. Many people on this site would pay through the nose for a competent, high capacity player with a digital out. Assuming that the lineout is, in fact digital-capable, there are some among us who would gladly shell out for this luscious little device. I certainly would, if I had a job...

yes, agreed, but it seems those snowflakes have melted before they hit the ground, making them nothing but sleet. the pacemaker has in fact been bought and sold by a couple of head-fiers it seems and still no reports of the digital out being a reality. the manufacturers site says nothing of this combo jack and neither does the manual. I would buy it too if it did have one. not a small amount of money to me, but still well within the budget of the rest of my rig. my VCAP dock cost me nearly that much in parts, so i'm not afraid to blow money on a quality and technically advanced feature set. i'm willing to look past its swiss army knife type creeping featurism, provided it has diguital out. i've seen the pics and the output doesnt have an optical symbol on it either; combo jacks also look slightly different to mini jacks (analogue) abd it doesnt look like one. without that to me it is nothing but a toy

Mar 26, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #75 of 87
There are no spdif and optical in the new player because the RIAA and henchmen prevent manufacturers from implementing those lovely outputs; there is no anti-piracy protection.
And the manufacturers cover their behinds by obeying the RIAA "demands" so they don't get sued.

All thanks to piracy, yarr matey
smiley_pirate.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back