The Pacemaker
Feb 7, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #32 of 87
Looks cool, but I can't justify the $770 price.
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:39 PM Post #33 of 87
Its actually more like 900USD when you include VAT, and they waive the shipping cost with the 'Premium' edition which will ship first, so 900USD plus shipping for all later orders!

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #35 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Broosta /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its actually more like 900USD when you include VAT, and they waive the shipping cost with the 'Premium' edition which will ship first, so 900USD plus shipping for all later orders!

I buy stuff overseas all the time, and they usually waive VAT.

My place in line is up for grabs too, I'm happy with my X5.

Feb 19, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #36 of 87
That's nice but its gonna me 611 euros (or $900=£462)
eek.gif

I just went through the online purchase process and thats what it wants me to pay. And thats without the shipping which will be added to the later 'non premium' orders.
I have the option to buy No. 1311 and I like the look of it but not for that price. I'm thinking/hoping maybe the price will come down later
confused.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #38 of 87
Well yeah thats what they say but when I went to order it came out differently
confused.gif

Here - Your current queue number is 1311

You will keep this number, or get a lower number should anyone ahead of you drop out.

Pre-book customers will not be charged for shipping or handling.

Pacemaker Premiere Edition

If your queue number falls into the 2.000 Pacemaker Premiere Edition series, we will charge you a down payment of 20% of the full price. As we ship your Pacemaker to you, we will charge you the remaining amount.

Down Payment€122.20
Balance Payment €488.80
Shipment and Handling €0.00

Order Specification
Item Name Power Adaptor Region Price*** VAT % VAT**** Quantity Total

Pacemaker*******UK********€520.0017.50% €91.001€611.00

Order Total:€611.00

If your queue number turns out above 2.000, we will deliver your Pacemaker to you according to your queue number. As we ship your Pacemaker to you, we will charge you the full amount. (You can always cancel your order prior to shipment.)

For delivery within EU, VAT and import is included in the price. No fees will be added.

For delivery outside EU, sales tax, VAT and import fees may be added to the price and, if so, is to be paid for by the customer.

At this time, we can unfortunately not deliver to po-boxes or military addresses.

If your credit card does not clear, your order will be cancelled and you will lose your current queue number.

Apr 26, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #39 of 87
Has anyone bought a Pacemaker?

Since the Pacemaker is out, i´ve nothing heard about it. Maybe it´s just not as good as expected but i can´t imagine nobody bought one instead of an iPod/iMod/iRvier Hxxx.

Apr 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #40 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattydraddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone bought a Pacemaker?

Since the Pacemaker is out, i´ve nothing heard about it. .

The only thing I've heard is that the current euro/dollar exchange rate has raised the price into nosebleed territory. Don't quote me, but I think the $ denominated price is up around $800.

Anyone else heard anything about this? Seems a shame that geopolitical events would conspire to make such an interesting device so expensive. Frankly, I can live without the DJ functionality (though I would definitely have fun wiith it). But the baseline audio specs, and the presence of a digital out, make this a very interesting device. Hope the US price comes down eventually.

Apr 27, 2008 at 2:46 AM Post #41 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the baseline audio specs, and the presence of a digital out, make this a very interesting device.

I can´t see the digital out in the specs of the Pacemaker. It was first planned but didn´t got.

Apr 27, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #42 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nattydraddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can´t see the digital out in the specs of the Pacemaker. It was first planned but didn´t got.

I could be wrong (and I often am) but I thought the lineout was a dual analog/digital jack, with autosensiing?

Jun 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #43 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing I've heard is that the current euro/dollar exchange rate has raised the price into nosebleed territory. Don't quote me, but I think the $ denominated price is up around $800.

I just checked, and it is $825 plus $50 shipping in USD to Canada at the moment. I was on the fence at the originally posted $700 USD purchase price, but with the Euro being so strong, I'm out for now.

Jun 16, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #44 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked, and it is $825 plus $50 shipping in USD to Canada at the moment. I was on the fence at the originally posted $700 USD purchase price, but with the Euro being so strong, I'm out for now.

Can't say as I blame you, given that $825 will buy you a source, a good amp and a good set of phones.

Jun 21, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #45 of 87
CNET has a full review, with video, of the Pacemaker.

Damn, I want one. Just don't currently have the $800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back