THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND MANY MORE, :D
Jul 24, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #451 of 776
  guys please recommend me an iem that have a bit less bass and more clarity than the kc06A. i love my kc06A so much but its time to upgrade 
biggrin.gif
 budget is arround $300. eyeing on the fx850, ckr9 and altone200. 

BHazard likes the Vivo XE800 more than KC06A.  Perhaps look into that one.

What about Havi B3 Pro 1?

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #452 of 776
Ok, now that it is widely reported that the KC06A are lacking in "soundstage depth", how is this going to influence the enjoyment for a casual listener? I don't really understand what people really mean with this term and I am not sure how this will affect me personally.

Do the Zero Audio phones (Tenore) have more "soundstage depth"?  A little bit of description would help out a lot. 

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #453 of 776
  Ok, now that it is widely reported that the KC06A are lacking in "soundstage depth", how is this going to influence the enjoyment for a casual listener? I don't really understand what people really mean with this term and I am not sure how this will affect me personally.

Do the Zero Audio phones (Tenore) have more "soundstage depth"?  A little bit of description would help out a lot. 

Honestly, unless you are a seasoned audiophile - this will not affect you that much.  As we always say: YMMV, and I'm personally had to focus with a number of specific phones to reach that conclusion by comparison.  I guess, when you have trained ears - you can spot that right away, but in all honestly it's not like a difference between wide stereo and flat mono signal.  So, I would say it's not a deal breaker for an average listener.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #454 of 776

The answer depends heavily on the user. If you are unfamiliar with what is being discussed, it's possible that you might not recognize it anyway. Music choice will largely determine the extent to which you'll be affected.

Music that is recorded live or in a way that gives you the feel of 'being there' will sound off. Instead of being somewhere out in the crowd, it will sound like you're right in front of the stage.
The positioning of an orchestra is pretty specific. These can make all the instruments sound as though they are all lined up in a row from left to right rather than their usual positions.

Other music genres will be much more forgiving as they don't naturally have a 3D presentation like a live orchestra.
These are generalizations and YMMV.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #455 of 776

If the kc06's (I don't have the kc06a's) are lacking in "soundstage depth", it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of them. The soundstage width, instrument separation and imaging and sense of "air" make them sound fantastic and dynamic to me, and I don't miss the lack of soundstage depth at all. Ultimately, it's subjective and all about what's important to you (and it helps if you haven't been spoiled by iem's that are soundstage monsters lol).

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #456 of 776
Thank you guys for the quality answers, seems like it should not be huge deal for me as I probably won't mind it with my music taste.
I was worried that the lack of soundstage depth would be significantly affecting the sound signature and a always present problem of these phones.

I guess I will just try my luck with ordering several different highly hyped budget phones.
So far I ordered the Xiaomi Pistons + Paperback version, Zero Audio Tenore, Sony MH1 and the already mentioned KC06A.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #457 of 776
So I used the KC06As on a flight today. They didn't cover the roar of the engines so bass suffered a bit, but they did isolate well enough that the babies wailing for the entirety journey did not bother me.

I enjoyed the heck out of the sound even with the roar of the jet engines taking away from some of the bass.

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #458 of 776
So I used the KC06As on a flight today. They didn't cover the roar of the engines so bass suffered a bit, but they did isolate well enough that the babies wailing for the entirety journey did not bother me.

I enjoyed the heck out of the sound even with the roar of the jet engines taking away from some of the bass.

Put some ear muffs over those mofos and you'd be set lol!  Actually, that's exactly what I do when cutting the lawn :)

Jul 24, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #459 of 776
Considering how cramped it was, I'm not sure I could have fit earmuffs on. I swear them seats get smaller every time. That middle seat... there is a circle of hell where the punishment is sitting in the middle seat of a Boeing 737 for all eternity.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #460 of 776

They have a wider than average soundstage but they do indeed lack in soundstage depth and accurate imaging. Still, those are the only noteworthy flaws the KC06 has, which is pretty good for an iem.

The Tenores do have a more spherical soundstage with less width and more depth. They also offer more accurate imaging, but they have other drawbacks compared to the KC06, like a slower driver and a lot of reverb. So my advice to you is to not let Head-Fi reduce your enjoyment, if you liked the KC06A already what does it matter that they lack a little in depth?

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #462 of 776
Hi, I'm currently in search for a comfortable iem that I can sleep with. I previously owned vsonic vsd1 and its the most comfortable iem I ever had but the build quality is rather "meh" so it broker after 8 months. Does the kc06a sticks out of the ear? Any feedback on its build quality and cable?

Jul 24, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #463 of 776
Hi, I'm currently in search for a comfortable iem that I can sleep with. I previously owned vsonic vsd1 and its the most comfortable iem I ever had but the build quality is rather "meh" so it broker after 8 months. Does the kc06a sticks out of the ear? Any feedback on its build quality and cable?

I had the vsd1le (died) and still have the vsd1. Definitely most comfy for sleeping with. Having said that, the kc06/a's are quite flush and fine for use when sleeping, and I haven't used the vsd1's since getting the kc06's (because they sound that kuch better imo).

Jul 25, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #465 of 776

They have a wider than average soundstage but they do indeed lack in soundstage depth and accurate imaging. Still, those are the only noteworthy flaws the KC06 has, which is pretty good for an iem.

The Tenores do have a more spherical soundstage with less width and more depth. They also offer more accurate imaging, but they have other drawbacks compared to the KC06, like a slower driver and a lot of reverb. So my advice to you is to not let Head-Fi reduce your enjoyment, if you liked the KC06A already what does it matter that they lack a little in depth?

Yes, you are right. I am thinking about keeping several IEM's for different purposes since there is no jack off all trades especially in this price range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back