The ORIVETI PRIMACY and NEW PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid In-Ears Impressions and Discussions Thread
Sep 9, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #601 of 615
Excellent and very enjoy to read review ,
Can you please describe a little bit more about the vocals quality and positioning on the OH500 and if it is possible a small comparison with any other iem like FH7 , IT04 , DK 4001 or Rai Penta , thanks ,

The IT04 is more like the YB04, in that it's brighter, thinner, and less warm. On the plus side, the vocals aren't as recessed.

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #603 of 615
How does oriveti oh500 react to silver cable.

Oct 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #604 of 615
How does oriveti oh500 react to silver cable.

In my experience, all headphones and IEMs react the same to any specific cable. They don't all sound the same, but they react the same.

Generally speaking, a silver will sound a little brighter and clearer over copper. How much so depends on the exact cable in question.

If that is the effect you want to achieve with the OH500, then go for it.

Personally, I really enjoyed the Oriveti Affinity cable for the OH500.

OH500 02.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #605 of 615
Personally some treble presence could help general presentation. I would prefer more but ı do not know how the bass affected by it.

Dec 8, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #606 of 615
Have the ONP been discontinued? I have 2 friends who are interested but can’t seem to find a place to purchase.

also: anyone know the tips that are included? The clear silicones.. are they spinfit? I need a bunch of replacements but no luck so far.

still think these are absolutely incredible IEM’s.

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #607 of 615
Have the ONP been discontinued? I have 2 friends who are interested but can’t seem to find a place to purchase.

also: anyone know the tips that are included? The clear silicones.. are they spinfit? I need a bunch of replacements but no luck so far.

still think these are absolutely incredible IEM’s.
The ONP is discontinued. You may want to check out OH300 or OH500.

Dec 8, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #609 of 615
Jan 28, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #611 of 615
Just bought ONP, my first hybrid IEMs. Having a mild wow effect even without DAC. So much detail, I wasn't hearing half of what's going on in the midrange with my Momentums2. M2 sounds so veiled in comparison.
And to think I used to hate IEMs. ONP changed my mind.

And yes, the driver flex is annoying. It's there even when I open my mouth or chew.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #612 of 615
Just bought ONP, my first hybrid IEMs. Having a mild wow effect even without DAC. So much detail, I wasn't hearing half of what's going on in the midrange with my Momentums2. M2 sounds so veiled in comparison.
And to think I used to hate IEMs. ONP changed my mind.

And yes, the driver flex is annoying. It's there even when I open my mouth or chew.

Yeah the driver flex on the ONP is quite bad, surprising since it is has vented shell. But it's still one of my favourite sets for vocals.

It's pretty controversial whether driver flex will damage the dynamic driver after repeated flexes, most manufacturers claim no, but I've seen a few anecdotal reports on headfi and other sites that their dynamic drivers died after a particularly bad case of driver flex. Whatever the case, it is a bit irritating to have crackling in the ears.

I realize driver flex can be reduced to some extent (not only for the ONP but other IEMs with dynamic drivers too) by these few methods:
1) Use foam tips instead of silicone tips, works sometimes for me. Probably cause the foam is porous and lets air escape thru the foams rather than going into the IEM shell.
2) Driver flex seems to be due to a too tight seal in the ear canal, and sometimes using another eartip (silicone) that has lesser isolation/seal may reduce driver flex, though at the expense of isolation. Try a variety of different ear tips if you can, some tips give more driver flex than others.
3) Try opening your mouth and pulling down the earlobe before inserting the IEM, this opens the ear canal a bit for more space to insert the eartip, and hopefully some air can escape during insertion with the bigger diammeter of the ear canal.
4) Insert the ear tip slowly or not too deeply initially, and slowly make fine adjustments to push it in.

Feb 22, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #613 of 615
Yeah the driver flex on the ONP is quite bad, surprising since it is has vented shell. But it's still one of my favourite sets for vocals.

It's pretty controversial whether driver flex will damage the dynamic driver after repeated flexes, most manufacturers claim no, but I've seen a few anecdotal reports on headfi and other sites that their dynamic drivers died after a particularly bad case of driver flex. Whatever the case, it is a bit irritating to have crackling in the ears.

I realize driver flex can be reduced to some extent (not only for the ONP but other IEMs with dynamic drivers too) by these few methods:
1) Use foam tips instead of silicone tips, works sometimes for me. Probably cause the foam is porous and lets air escape thru the foams rather than going into the IEM shell.
2) Driver flex seems to be due to a too tight seal in the ear canal, and sometimes using another eartip (silicone) that has lesser isolation/seal may reduce driver flex, though at the expense of isolation. Try a variety of different ear tips if you can, some tips give more driver flex than others.
3) Try opening your mouth and pulling down the earlobe before inserting the IEM, this opens the ear canal a bit for more space to insert the eartip, and hopefully some air can escape during insertion with the bigger diammeter of the ear canal.
4) Insert the ear tip slowly or not too deeply initially, and slowly make fine adjustments to push it in.
Thanks for the recommendations.
Yep, opening the mouth helps a bit. Will try different tips.

Aug 13, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #614 of 615
Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #615 of 615
Hi all. If someone is interested my New Primacy is up for sale in the classifieds section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back