"The Orange Box" for the PC is only $10 this weekend!
Apr 24, 2009 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
Starting now!
icon10.gif

Package: The Orange Box

1. Half-Life 2
  2. Half-Life 2: Episode One
  3. Half-Life 2: Episode Two
  4. Portal
  5. Team Fortress 2

Apr 24, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 44
If you buy it over steam you just get the download. But steams pretty good with that since it adds it to your account and you can download it as many times as you want on multiple machines. You just cant have it running on two machines at the same time using the same account.

Apr 24, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #7 of 44
I usually prefer CDs to keep a copy of the game as well but Steampowered is a great interface and very trustworthy.

It will always stay with your account forever and only you. It the only download-to-play interface that I am comfortable to use. It is also very convenient since I don't have to look through my stuff to find where the game is. All ithas to do is download the game and you are good to go. Download as many times as you would like also.

Apr 24, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #8 of 44
The orange box is an amazing deal at $60. $10 is just absurd.

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #9 of 44
Actually they make a killing on sales like this:bit-tech.net | Valve: Steam is making us rich

Quote:

By analysing the figures Valve's been able to make some interesting predictions too. A 10 percent price reduction creates an average income increase (not just in sales) of 35 percent, while a 25 percent discount gives an increase of 245 percent. 50 percent discounts create average increases of 320 percent, while a price slash of 75 percent off will push income up by a staggering 1470 percent.

Apr 25, 2009 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 44
Holy molly.. Thanks for letting us know.

I wanted portal for long time. I think I will get this instead.. Hehe

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #12 of 44
^So you only get four awesome games for $10? Damn. Definitely no longer worth it.

Apr 25, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually they make a killing on sales like this:bit-tech.net | Valve: Steam is making us rich

Its a win-win scenario and they deserve it imo...

Valve always make good quality games and constantly support it with patches. Unlike many other companies that forget their games once it hits the shelves...

The orange box has five games in it and for only $10...

$2 per game...this is a steal.

Apr 25, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnieb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Half-Life 2 is an amazing game that alone is worth $2.

It's particularly old, but has some of the most amazing facial textures of any game I've seen to date.

Not to belittle your point, but who cares about the facial textures? They have THE GRAVITY GUN. Seriously one of the coolest things ever put into a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back