The Opamp thread
Aug 21, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #7,126 of 7,383
Link for opa1622 and opa1612 link
I got this OpAmps more than year ago and still can't be trusted, but 1612 need soldering and SOP8 to DIP8 converter.
Don't go for 1612 it's a more chance to get fake.
Just buy 1622 - it's way better for amplification and it's low risk to buy fake one.
You can go for something fancy on a budget as well discrete opamp
Choose dual option.

Many thanks. I'll give them a try

Aug 21, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #7,127 of 7,383
I'm considering the OPA828 for my Whammy build (+/-15V discrete reg).

I'm curious if anyone thinks there's a risk for oscillation in the Whammy? Also looks like TI recommends a decoupling cap on the supply pins. I wonder if a 0.1uF cap across V+/V- would be sufficient..? Or does it have to be V+/GND & V-/GND?

Aug 26, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #7,128 of 7,383
Hey guys, I have a couple questions to ask about opamps of course. I currently have a topping d10s, and I’m looking into changing out the opamp for something a little higher quality. I was really looking at the opa1656 but it seems like it’s going to take a month and a half to get here, all the soldered adapter ones on eBay, which i don’t know if I want to wait. Is there a better drop in solution or something around 15$ that is available in the USA? The one other thing is I’m going to be pairing it with a muse02 which is going to be in my little dot1+ when that gets here. Does this matter? Thanks

Aug 26, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #7,129 of 7,383
Hey guys, I have a couple questions to ask about opamps of course. I currently have a topping d10s, and I’m looking into changing out the opamp for something a little higher quality. I was really looking at the opa1656 but it seems like it’s going to take a month and a half to get here, all the soldered adapter ones on eBay, which i don’t know if I want to wait. Is there a better drop in solution or something around 15$ that is available in the USA? The one other thing is I’m going to be pairing it with a muse02 which is going to be in my little dot1+ when that gets here. Does this matter? Thanks
Opa1656 is easy to got fake from china or just random seller.
You can start going for original Muse 8820 of You are tight on a budget. They are 90% of 02 ones.

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #7,130 of 7,383
Opa1656 is easy to got fake from china or just random seller.
You can start going for original Muse 8820 of You are tight on a budget. They are 90% of 02 ones.
Thanks a lot. But yeah I’m not looking to spend a ton on this. I was thinking of even buying the opamp and the dip8 adapter off of digikey but I don’t think I’ll be able to solder something that small tbh. But my amp is going to get the better stuff and I just want to upgrade a little bit for the dac so the 8820 should be perfect than for that. Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #7,131 of 7,383
Thanks a lot. But yeah I’m not looking to spend a ton on this. I was thinking of even buying the opamp and the dip8 adapter off of digikey but I don’t think I’ll be able to solder something that small tbh. But my amp is going to get the better stuff and I just want to upgrade a little bit for the dac so the 8820 should be perfect than for that. Thanks!
I just watched specification of D10S there is 2134 so Muses 8920D will be better

Sep 5, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #7,133 of 7,383
hi

Could anyone recommand ebay/AE shops selling original Muses opamps ? I checked www.mouser.com and www.digikey.com but they have expensive shipping (20 to 30$)

Thank you
Search of local bigger electronic commercial network shop. They have originals as well.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #7,134 of 7,383
Search of local bigger electronic commercial network shop. They have originals as well.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Unfortunately the only larger online local retailer that I'm aware of does not stock it.
The closest Brick and mortar is small and 2h away and I'd better take my chances ordering from china (this appeases the tiny gambling man inside me).

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #7,139 of 7,383
Hi guys. I am sort of a noob in this community (head-fi), been more of a traditional hifi nerd for many years. However, with young kids and a shared livingroom, hifi had to go for the time being.
Anyways, i have gotten a Lillte Dot 1+ in which i changed the stock op amp with a Burson V6 vivid. This has been a revelation as far as op-amps go. I also purhased a V6 classic, which i like as well.
Now i upgraded to a Xduoo TA-20 amp, on which i want to look at op-amp options. Has anyone had any experience with this amp and op-amp rolling? Or does anyone know anything about this amp and its op-amps?
I did search this thread and online in general, but couldn't find anything. Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

-Pete

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #7,140 of 7,383
Hi guys. I am sort of a noob in this community (head-fi), been more of a traditional hifi nerd for many years. However, with young kids and a shared livingroom, hifi had to go for the time being.
Anyways, i have gotten a Lillte Dot 1+ in which i changed the stock op amp with a Burson V6 vivid. This has been a revelation as far as op-amps go. I also purhased a V6 classic, which i like as well.
Now i upgraded to a Xduoo TA-20 amp, on which i want to look at op-amp options. Has anyone had any experience with this amp and op-amp rolling? Or does anyone know anything about this amp and its op-amps?
I did search this thread and online in general, but couldn't find anything. Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

-Pete
Hi, congratulations on the new TA-20, I have really enjoyed mine, here is where we discuss Xduoo amps on head-fi if you haven't found it yet:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-amplifiers.682282/page-53

Xduoo told me that no opamp is used for the XLR Balanced input. The XLR input has a direct connection to the 12AU7's, directly driving the Discrete Transistor amplifier XLR output to the headphones. There is no need to consider swapping opamps for the TA-20 if you are only using the XLR Balanced input.

For this use Xduoo said "OPA's used on the RCA circuit is OPA2604, it is better than OPA2134."

The opamps are only used to convert the RCA Single-Ended inputs into a Balanced signal output to the Discrete Transistor amplifier.
Hi, Scott
1. U1, U2 is the OPA which convert the single-ended signal from RCA into a balanced signal. If it is a balanced input, the signal does not pass through U1 and U2.
temp4cj.png

The circuit architecture diagram is as follows
temp4cj (1).png

2. this is the DC TO DC power chip:
temp4cj (2).png

3. these are power chips:
temp4cj (3).png

Best Regards, XXXXXX

2nd reply:

Hi, Scott
OPA's used on the RCA circuit is OPA2604, it is better than OPA2134.
Best Regards, XXXXXX
I use all of the Xduoo TA-20 inputs, the XLR input is the Topping D90 MQA, RCA1(AUX1) input is my Nintendo Switch, and RCA2(AUX2) is a 6' 3.5mm to RCA cable I use to connect other devices audio/line outputs.

Maybe you could try an RCA to XLR cable to connect your RCA source(s) to the TA-20, rather than going through the trouble of trying to find a better OPAMP to swap on the TA-20?

The most improvement I've seen is with Tube Rolling - right now I'm favoring Mullard/Brimar ECC81/12AT7/6060 tubes - a big improvement from the stock tubes, and others I've also tried.

For noise reduction in my EMI/RFI environment getting the Mogami 2534 / 2893 wire-built cables from WBC also made a nice improvement by lowering the noise floor.

If you do go the opamp swapping route, I'd suggest running your ideas by support@xduoo.net to give Xduoo a chance to comment on your changes, before or after you try them :)

@PetFju - Here are the cables I've used with the TA-20, and some of the current tubes - still available online:
Buy two, they sell as per cable, not pair - 1 Foot – Quad Balanced Microphone Cable Custom Made by WORLDS BEST CABLES – Using Mogami 2534 4-Wire Twisted and Neutrik NC3MXX-B Male & NC3FXX-B Female XLR Plugs.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WU1BP10

(Pair) 1 Foot – Directional Quad High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pair Custom Made by WORLDS BEST CABLES – Using Mogami 2534 4-Wire Twisted and Amphenol ACPR Die-Cast, Gold Plated RCA Connectors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALHTVMO

Less expensive BOM and build cost are WBC cables made with Mogami 2459 which is a 2 wire version, which is said to sound better if you don't need the EMI/RFI noise reduction of the 2534 / 2893 QuadStar 4 wire designs:

Buy two, they sell as per cable, not pair - 1 Foot - Balanced Microphone Cable Custom Made by WORLDS BEST CABLES - Using Mogami 2549 (Black) 2-Wire and Neutrik NC3MXX-B & NC3FXX-B Gold XLR Plugs
https://www.amazon.com/Foot-Balanced-Microphone-NC3MXX-B-NC3FXX-B/dp/B08Z7GGWYG

(Pair) 1 Foot – Directional High-Definition Audio Interconnect Cable Pair Custom Made by WORLDS BEST CABLES – Using Mogami 2549 2-Wire and Amphenol ACPR Die-Cast, Gold Plated RCA Connectors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ALFR02Y

Check out this post for recent tube recommendations - and I have other posts in that thread with other tubes I have tried:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/xduoo-amplifiers.682282/post-16699553

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back