The OP AMP ROLLING Thread
Nov 21, 2005 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

coco

100+ Head-Fier
I am just about to take the plunge into an amp for my HF-1s. I am interested in an amp that I can play around with and adjust, instead of buying a new one each time I want a change. Do the resistors in amp have specific characteristics? or do they perform differently in different amps? As in, "x always makes the sound bassy"...I realize that the changes in character will be subtely different regardless. Could you list the different op amps and their tendencies?

Dec 20, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi all, I have done a test on a different NE5532 op amps in the same conditions.

I've used the Ziku HD X10, only one op amp socked, with IKKO OH1 iems, not a tecnical test, only sound perceived differences.
To be shure I've try 2 of every different 5532.

JCR 5532D: Deep bass extention not fully under controll, average details retrival but a little cold presentation, an hint pearcing airy high mids and highs, present sibilants, an hint close and low heigh soundstage.

JCR 5532DD: Deep bass extention tight and controlled an hint dry, good details retrival but a little cold presentation, brilliant airy high mids and an hint pearcing highs, present sibilants, average soundstage.

TI NE5532P: Audible more volume output. Deep bass extention tight and firm, very good details retrival an hint cold presentation, airy high mids and brilliant highs, present sibilants, more then average soundstage.

Philips NE5532N: Deep bass extention tight and firm, good details retrival neutral presentation, neutral airy high mids and highs, present sibilants, more then average soundstage.

The sound firm is the same for all the 5532 but the sound differences are udible, all present sibilants, all have neutral signature but the Philips is an hint more warmish, really just an hint, the TI has udible more output then all the others and is more coerent in the whole frequencies spectrum, the JRC DD is very interesting for his tecnical performances an hint more silent then the others, but more dry, maybe could be good in a buffer position in a different circuit.

Shurely others forumers have done the same test and may confirm my personal impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back