The Oops Thread
Mar 21, 2008 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Post your favorite stories or videos.

I'll start with the below little drilling mistake, which was posted on Digg recently.

YouTube - Lake Peigneur History Channel footage

oil-rig-disaster.jpg

Mar 22, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #3 of 15
I tried to find an exact quote, but could not, but I recall the Hopi saying that if we dig in the earth for valuable minerals, we invite disaster. "Disaster," BTW, literally means "bad star."

Laz

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:30 PM Post #5 of 15
Application mistake:

Applicant turns in completed application for job at a convenience store, then wants to buy a pack of cigarettes. Only has $0.40. Panhandles other customers. Application is round-filed. This really happened.

Laz

Mar 22, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #6 of 15
I can't really think of any good ones but i like the idea of this thread so i'll contribute something to bring it ttt.

I walked out of the shower today and dried myself and my hair. As I started to put my towel away, I realized that I forgot to wash my hair! So I hopped back into the shower.

Mar 23, 2008 at 1:10 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrEr1c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I walked out of the shower today and dried myself and my hair. As I started to put my towel away, I realized that I forgot to wash my hair! So I hopped back into the shower.

Haha. I'll one-up ya: On more than a handful of occasions, I've stepped out of the shower, only to realize I never rinsed the conditioner out of my hair... but realizing it after I've toweled down my coif. Hopping back in the shower? Check. Forcing a towel into early laundering? Check. Having to walk to the linen closet for a new towel while sopping wet and soaking the floor/carpet? Check.

Oops!

Mar 23, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #10 of 15
coming home from work at 10pm. stopped by the grocery, bought some food and a gallon of apple cider. didn't have a tag so i had to tell the carshier it's $3.69. left it there on the counter, drove home then found out there is no apple cider.

Mar 23, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #11 of 15
Sort of in line with the shampoo oops:

I went to wash my hands before dinner at home, pumped soap into my hands and started rubbing into my hair. It was a long day and somehow I got confused and thought that I was pumping out shampoo from a shampoo bottle during a shower instead of simply washing my hands... My family was quick to start eating without me so it was okay.

Mar 23, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I said "I do".

Again, we have something in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back