The one song that for you, changed everything:
Mar 6, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #61 of 68
Scandal,by Queen.Until then I listened only to classical stuff...I was watching tv and the video came.I was blown away by the song and the incredible voice of Mercury.
Songs from the wood,by Jethro Tull,opened a second door later on.

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #62 of 68
'It could have been a brilliant career' the first song on the belle and sebastian album 'the boy with the arab strap'

the first song from the first album i heard by the group that lead to most of the music i listen to today (i still love b&s of course, well their new stuff less so)

for years i had never really enjoyed 'popular' music - when i was at school i didnt listen to much music. when i did it was generaly classical, or stuff from the charts - which i had never really related to much
after hearing this album suddenly there was this whole world of music that made sense to me - music was no longer something for other people. i realised that music outside of classical could be intelligent and interesting.

i doubt i would be on this forum, have most of my collection of cds and LPs or have any of the hifi gear i own if not for this album

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #65 of 68
TNT - AC/DC got me into Classic Rock. It was part of the soundtrack to Tony Hawk on the playstation 1.

Mar 10, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #66 of 68
[size=medium]COMFORTABLY NUMB [/size] not to sound like a dick, but if you need me to tell you who it's by, never talk to me. Roger Waters' solo still blows my f'n mind..and I listen to it about once a day
basshead.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #67 of 68
Not sure about exact songs but Portished - Dummy really sucked me into electronica, jazz fusion, experimental, psytrance music.

I've only started listening to metal fairly recently but Dream Theatre - Train Of Thought was probably the first proper metal album I actually enjoyed listening to. Yes, the vocals are still very annoying but this was the album which got me hooked on the metal style of drumming and rhythm structure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back