The one problem with Audiophilia as a hobby. . . (besides the money)
Dec 27, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:

Quote:
BotByte, your post reminds me of Electric 6.

Online retail has pretty much killed the audio salon. Rents and expenses for bricks'n'mortar continue to go up and online stores can offer lower prices. It's hard to keep a commercial property going when online sellers undercut you.

Interest in hi-fi has dropped a lot from where it used to be. There just aren't enough sales to support storefronts. Also, a lot of audiophiles are happy with their systems. I haven't bought in 18 months and don't know when I will again. I'd love to see a local store, but it probably wouldn't earn much from me.

The only practical solution is having a meet.

I don't even have a store in MY STATE that sells anything close to Hi-Fi
Seriously, they put up a bestbuy in the area, and a recorded 1000 people stood outside to just look inside of it
I came from vegas where bestbuys are like corner stores,

I still don't even buy anything from bestbuy, I only look and buy it somewhere else

where do you live???...

Dec 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #17 of 23

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
BotByte, your post reminds me of Electric 6.

Online retail has pretty much killed the audio salon. Rents and expenses for bricks'n'mortar continue to go up and online stores can offer lower prices. It's hard to keep a commercial property going when online sellers undercut you.

Interest in hi-fi has dropped a lot from where it used to be. There just aren't enough sales to support storefronts. Also, a lot of audiophiles are happy with their systems. I haven't bought in 18 months and don't know when I will again. I'd love to see a local store, but it probably wouldn't earn much from me.

The only practical solution is having a meet.

I don't even have a store in MY STATE that sells anything close to Hi-Fi
Seriously, they put up a bestbuy in the area, and a recorded 1000 people stood outside to just look inside of it
I came from vegas where bestbuys are like corner stores,

I still don't even buy anything from bestbuy, I only look and buy it somewhere else

where do you live???...

Unknown, I'm well known in many communities and they still don't even know my true name, I will never reveal my location to anyone

It's a collection of small towns that have invisible borders between each, Compared to vegas, the five city area is twice as large as Vegas (ans that's saying alot)

Dec 27, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #19 of 23
Actually, come to think of it, the problem for me is living in Quebec City. Two Grado retailers, two pairs of GS1000, one pair of HD800 and T1, one set of B&W Nautilus. One Denon retailer that doesn't carry phones at all, couple of FutureStops with Monster phones and Sony Style offers special orders on SA5000 and EX700.
Also Canada, more cows than people eh.

Dec 27, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #20 of 23

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, the problem for me is living in Quebec City. Two Grado retailers, two pairs of GS1000, one pair of HD800 and T1, one set of B&W Nautilus. One Denon retailer that doesn't carry phones at all, couple of FutureStops with Monster phones and Sony Style offers special orders on SA5000 and EX700.

sometimes I prefer those black and white things with udders to the people i deal with

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Naw.
I thought I was so clever
redface.gif

Dec 28, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
Quote:

sometimes I prefer those black and white things with udders to the people i deal with

You sir, just made my midnight. Yeah gotta sleep. CD rack tomorrow (today? Darn it!)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back