The OMG I can't belive I just sold my HD650 thread!!!!
Feb 27, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we covered the veil and the hd700 in one thread

As well as the usual feelings of guilt and compulsion. All that you could ask from our beloved hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not surprised
attachment.php

Classic...although it looks like the dude is getting married.
tongue.gif

No other way around that veil color though, I guess.

Feb 27, 2007 at 6:42 AM Post #18 of 42
LOL the veil pic is brilliant!

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #21 of 42
I purchased SennHD650/Zu on impulse and sold it on impulse...twice!
biggrin.gif
Now that I think of it...all my past gears have been purchased on impulse and sold on impulse. I guess that makes me an impulsive character
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:34 AM Post #22 of 42
From seeing all of the buying/selling that goes on here it seems that some people have made a hobby out of this. I'm sure it's a good way to try new gear but some people seem to really be into.

Do you guys do it because you need the money or just for the hobby ? - I mean you buy and sell the same thing 2 or 3 times
confused.gif

(I'd never sell my 650)

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did it to balence out some of my impulse purchases
wink.gif

And selling the HD650 was not on impulse? So what are you gonna buy to replace it next?
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flumoxed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha this should be a new smiley option
biggrin.gif

IMO the smiley is very clever.
tongue.gif
But if we have that added as a new smiley option, somebody needs to make a Grado smiley that depicts its brightness burning holes in the smiley brain.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From seeing all of the buying/selling that goes on here it seems that some people have made a hobby out of this. I'm sure it's a good way to try new gear but some people seem to really be into.

Do you guys do it because you need the money or just for the hobby ? - I mean you buy and sell the same thing 2 or 3 times
confused.gif

(I'd never sell my 650)

I have yet to rebuy anything I have sold, but I must admit I do enjoy the process of buying and selling on the marketplace here. Also buying/selling used has so far been the only way I can try out gear (not too many meets in the Deep South).

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #26 of 42
I hate impulses...........
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have yet to rebuy anything I have sold, but I must admit I do enjoy the process of buying and selling on the marketplace here. Also buying/selling used has so far been the only way I can try out gear (not too many meets in the Deep South).

Come to the Florida meet in June. There's been some serious buying and selling 'round these parts of late. You'll be able to try out most anything that interests you. I've found that meets rather increase the buying/selling habit rather than taking it the other direction. Well, at least that's held true for me.

I can't imagine selling my 650s, though I admit, I use other headphones more frequently now. I'm always happy when I return to them, though, and for that reason alone, they're keepers.

Re other purchases, I've bought and and/or sold a few on impulse, but mostly inexpensive stuff (MS1s, Bithead, Proline 2500s, etc) so that's just fun. I have yet to regret one, even those I didn't like.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #28 of 42
nice 003 ha ha

OP: I'd try out other phones, the HD650 can be bought used easily if you don't find anything better in the price range.

Feb 27, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #29 of 42
I'm not an impulse buyer, especially with high-end cans. But I'm afraid that I could become an impulse seller as far as my HD650 concerned. HD650 is remaining as a puzzle to me yet. I can't fully understand this beast. In the last 3 days, I've got the impulse to sell my HD650 4 or 5 times. But something stops me and tells me that I should give give more time to understand this can. So far, I've tested 650 with GCHA, Meier Corda HA-2 MKII and MicroAmp. Also, I had brief listening with Raptor, Gilmore Lite and B-52. Except Raptor no other amps made me happy with HD650. I can't afford to spend $1000+ for amp. So I'm just pursuing my love with 650 and waiting for Heed to come. Heed might change everything or it might just be another space filler in my desk. If I don't like Heed w/650, then I will probably sell mine and look for K701.

EDIT: Ooops...I forgot to mention about Dynahi. I tested 650 on this amp too. It is somewhat warmer than Raptor but made me happy.

Feb 27, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #30 of 42
I sold the hd555s a little on impulse. I only had them for 2 weeks. But the reason why is because I bought them completely on impulse. I coudlnt afford them since I then went and bought a new graphics card on impulse too and needed to pay for it.

I just hope my incoming hd280s will satisfy as a somewhat worthy replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back