The Official Team Fortress 2 Thread
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiVLTAGE

Head-Fier
I couldn't really find a thread devoted to TF2 So I made one.

Personally, it's my favorite FPS at the moment, and I've been enjoying it more than others *cough* Brokenfield 4 *cough*

So to start, why do you like/dislike Team Fortress 2?

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 6
Team fortress you say?

I started playing team fortress 2.6 for quake 1 and have been hooked since!

Had a good stint at TFC for half-life 1 where I participated in some league clan matches. One game, I was defense on 2forts at the bottom of the spiral, and I did not die once for two rounds! About 30+ kills and no deaths.

Now I play TF2.

I mainly play soldier but like the ability to change class depending on what obstacles you are coming up against. Do they have a lot of spies? A lot of sentry guns? I like the challenge when I encounter solid players.

Way back in the day, in regular quake death match, the weapon of choice was the rocket launcher. Move from quake death match to quake team fortress the soldier was a natural fit. So as soldier I can get in some old school death match action while playing TF2. Each enemy I come across is like a micro-duel, as part of the overall game.

Capture the intel and payload are my favorite map varieties.

I like the graphical style of TF2 and the sound is great too. The gameplay of TF2 is much closer to quake than TFC was, which makes the gameplay very fluid.

Jun 15, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 6
Forgot to mention, just got a pair of Fidelio X1 headphones yesterday! The sounds have really come alive. Before I was using a 5+ year old set of 29.99 headphones that had zero soundstage. Looking forward to a few more frags with much more immersive sound!

Jun 23, 2014 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 6
First for scout main!
love and war update bringing new weapons to the table!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back