The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #7,591 of 11,341
I've never listened to the TH900 and don't plan on it, so no dog in this race, but I suspect "reasoning or evidence" is your own hearing and opinion of the sound.   What else can you say?  Produce charts and graphs of bass response.  Boring.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #7,592 of 11,341
Hahahaha damn! Easy on that, I'm not trying to get all up in the guys koolaide

Lol. Well i was about to place money on it. But.... Maybe some other time. 
  You seem rather inclined to assume the rightness of your preferences. Use your illusions as they say, but insulting other people simply to justify your gear choice is not really part of being a good member of a community. You can enter into a discussion with us and have differing opinions without being condescending and frankly insulting. And this is refernece to everything you said, not specifically what I quoted. And yes, I agree, the Z1R is indeed a bass-dominat headphone which I love about it. I personally find classical music rather boring so the lack of performance there with the Z1R has no impact on me.

We all live to agree/disagree. There is no wrong in our own hearing. But boy do i love the Z1R. Didn't i mention that quite a few times ? Yes i did. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #7,593 of 11,341
You've said little of substance, aside from your assertion that the Z1R bass is not as dominant as the TH900 bass "by a pretty sizable difference", whats your reasoning or evidence for this?. There's no need to spare my feelings, I didn't join this thread posting sentiments that are clearly not shared by the majority of the posters expecting everyone to agree with me.  However, I'd like the Z1R fans to challenge my assertions with a little more substance, rather than the "self-evident truths" being bandied around the Z1R's alleged superiority in bass and other aspects of sound quality.
You're challenging my opinion or you're asking my level of expertise? First allow me to introduce myself. I'm a EE with an acoustic science minor. I'm also a transducer designer. It is and has been my job for over 45 years to recognize signatures and anomalies. Possibly you'll offer up your qualifications as to your expertise as well

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Mar 2, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #7,594 of 11,341
You're challenging my opinion or you're asking my level of expertise? First allow me to introduce myself. I'm a EE with an acoustic science minor. I'm also a transducer designer. It is and has been my job for over 45 years to recognize signatures and anomalies. Possibly you'll offer up your qualifications as to your expertise as well

Yes... You are an expert. Will never doubt you're expertise in the field of sound. And you are up their in age. So that automatically makes you more skilled at this craft. Just saying. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #7,595 of 11,341
@Kyle 491, believe me I couldn't care less that not everybody likes the Z1R as much as I do, that is irrelevant as I purchase gear for my needs and preferences. I respect your right to have different preferences, I will however ask you to look at how you have conducted yourself in this thread. It is difficult to not see your sudden appearance and conversational style as the opposite of friendly community interaction. It seems to bother you that people are enjoying their Z1R. I certainly am not going into the TH900 thread and telling people that they are living with sucked out midrange and problematic high frequency characteristics as that would be rude. If you want to be polite and part of the community by all means come here and discuss freely, just have some respect for others while you do it, insulting our gear choice is simply rude and you should reflect on why you think it is constructive.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #7,596 of 11,341
I'm a EE with an acoustic science minor. I'm also a transducer designer. It is and has been my job for over 45 years to recognize signatures and anomalies. Possibly you'll offer up your qualifications as to your expertise as well

My expertise? I have a Costco membership, take THAT Jason *drops the mic* 
popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #7,597 of 11,341
  My expertise? I have a Costco membership, take THAT Jason *drops the mic* 
popcorn.gif

Lol hopefully that membership is paying for that broken microphone. Lol picks up microphone and pay's at the counter hahaha

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #7,598 of 11,341

I'm not interested in your level of expertise, alleged or otherwise, only your reasoning for your claims regarding the TH900/Z1R bass. Months before the Z1R had measurements posted by several sites, I heard the Z1R bass as lacking the tightness, cleanliness and impact expected in sub-bass regions from a closed flagship headphone priced over £1500. Since then, measurements posted have corroborated my view on the Z1R bass. I have offered examples songs where this is clearly audible to me in my earlier post.

Still waiting to read a reasoned counter to my assertions.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #7,599 of 11,341
Mar 2, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #7,601 of 11,341
When you can't afford the Nissan Gtr... And you start to bad mouth it. All because you think you're Nissan 370z is the better car because you own it. So you make you're mind believe it's a reality. 

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #7,602 of 11,341
  I'm not interested in your level of expertise, alleged or otherwise, only your reasoning for your claims regarding the TH900/Z1R bass. Months before the Z1R had measurements posted by several sites, I heard the Z1R bass as lacking the tightness, cleanliness and impact expected in sub-bass regions from a closed flagship headphone priced over £1500. Since then, measurements posted have corroborated my view on the Z1R bass. I have offered examples songs where this is clearly audible to me in my earlier post.

why do you want counter to your assertions.
does it mean if you get better counter you will change your mind that means you are yourself not 100% sure.
its not mathematics that you will get 1 answer for a question. Music is a feeling and will vary from person to person. If you like TH900 then that's the headphone for you but that doesn't mean everyone should  like TH900.
End of the day it is a headphone only no need to be so critical with it. we have more complex and difficult things in life to be critical about.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #7,603 of 11,341

Where can I find the measurements which will show the bass lacking?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:03 PM Post #7,604 of 11,341
Where can I find the measurements which will show the bass lacking?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

He isn't saying the bass is lacking, just the opposite, what he is saying, and in a rather rude manner I might add, is that the bass quality down low is poor. Even if it is true, it is how he has chosen to conduct himself in the thread that is an issue not that he has an unfavourable impression of the Z1R.

Mar 2, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #7,605 of 11,341

Your.. "assertions"? I guess you mean your impressions.
Well, you have had other people's -impressions- to counter yours.
Every headphone in the world has a particular signature, strengths and weaknesses, fits better different kinds of music.
You can say the Z1R bass is sometimes over emphasized. But it's also this headphone's very strong point, according to every review out there (and our impressions here).
Now, nobody here sees the point in continuing this dialogue at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back