The Official Eddie Current FOUR 45 Thread
Dec 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #467 of 646
Thanks!!

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #469 of 646
No

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #471 of 646
I think I just hit the sweet spot with this 445 after about 500-600 hours.  Everything sounds more clear, detailed, and lively. 
This is similar to my experience with other high-end components -- the improved SQ is very sudden and noticeable.  Hope this happens a few more times in the next few hundred hours.

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:36 AM Post #472 of 646
+500 hours !! that's a lot waiting... 
frown.gif

While waiting for those 500 hours.... I NEED YOUR HELP !:  

With my EC445 headphone I experience a very strange thing: with sensible Headphones like TH900 I hear a Hhuuummm that is indépendant from the volume pot position ( even at volume Zero it is there) and this seems to be electrostatic since it diminish a lot when I put my hand on the chassis on the Amp !

What is that !!
eek.gif
   How to get rid of it ?   did someone experienced this already with similar amps ?

Thanks à lot for your advices.

Dec 12, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #473 of 646
so I received my black Transfos covers from China :cool:

I tried Black cover and also Alu cover... I prefer black ! and you ?

Now I really prefer the 445 with Transfos covers than without. Now I need to find a way to fix them !

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #474 of 646
Can it really get better than this? Maybe yes, but I doubt much better.

After weeks with the HD800 (half Anax-modded), EC 4-45 and MSB Analog, I am happy to report that the sound I am getting leaves little if anything to be desired as far as instrumental music goes. Smooth, natural, effortless and grain-free with just enough detail to keep a resolution freak happy. 

I cannot imagine how much better the BHSE + SR009 gets. 

The only gripe is how HD800 is still quite limited when it comes to vocals. While the grain and stridency is gone, one could ask for more 'sweetness' and intimacy. The SR009 is much better for that.

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:26 AM Post #475 of 646
  +500 hours !! that's a lot waiting... 
frown.gif

While waiting for those 500 hours.... I NEED YOUR HELP !:  

With my EC445 headphone I experience a very strange thing: with sensible Headphones like TH900 I hear a Hhuuummm that is indépendant from the volume pot position ( even at volume Zero it is there) and this seems to be electrostatic since it diminish a lot when I put my hand on the chassis on the Amp !

What is that !!
eek.gif
   How to get rid of it ?   did someone experienced this already with similar amps ?

Thanks à lot for your advices.

Sorry I wasn't getting updates from this thread for some reason.  The only time I get a hum is from the input selector switch set to an input that is not connected, so if that is what you are hearing it is, I assume, normal.  If you get that from TH900 while listening to music there is something seriously wrong somewhere.  

Can it really get better than this? Maybe yes, but I doubt much better.

After weeks with the HD800 (half Anax-modded), EC 4-45 and MSB Analog, I am happy to report that the sound I am getting leaves little if anything to be desired as far as instrumental music goes. Smooth, natural, effortless and grain-free with just enough detail to keep a resolution freak happy. 

I cannot imagine how much better the BHSE + SR009 gets. 

The only gripe is how HD800 is still quite limited when it comes to vocals. While the grain and stridency is gone, one could ask for more 'sweetness' and intimacy. The SR009 is much better for that.

I agree, I'm getting fantastic results with my 445.  I upgraded my digital power supply and power cord and added some Audio Magic Fuses to my digital components.  I still like my LCD-3F's with silver dragon 3 cables over the HD 800, but the HD-800 does sound excellent too.  I sent my LCD-3F's in for repairs and had to listen with my HD 800's for a couple weeks, it was a pleasure and I didn't really miss the LCD-3F's at all - just glad they're back  !!  
L3000.gif

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #476 of 646

Sorry I wasn't getting updates from this thread for some reason.  The only time I get a hum is from the input selector switch set to an input that is not connected, so if that is what you are hearing it is, I assume, normal.  If you get that from TH900 while listening to music there is something seriously wrong somewhere.  

Well, it is very strange because I get the same HUUUM wether I select the input where the source is connected or an input with nothing connected to it !  and the hummmm do not varie when I reduce or increase the volume pot !

And...it cannot be a "ground loop" since only the 445 is connected to the MAIN. The source (AK100+HUGO/RCA) is battery operated.  So... no second device connected to the mail to create a loop !

Dec 14, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #477 of 646

I agree, I'm getting fantastic results with my 445.  I upgraded my digital power supply and power cord and added some Audio Magic Fuses to my digital components....

what do you mean by "upgraded my digital power supply" ??

-> don't you use the power supply supplied with the 445 (the 2nd black box) ?  and what power cord do you use ? 

Dec 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #478 of 646
The power supply doesn't replace the EC 445 power supply.  I got a Shunyata DCP-6 power distributor for my DAC, Transport, and other digital processors.  The 445 amp is on a Shunyata Triton power supply which is better for analog.  Anyway, the DCP-6 made a huge improvement in the overall sound quality of the system.  I also upgraded to new Shunyata Sigma power cords.  I sold my previous power cord on Audiogon before the new ones arrived, so I couldn't compare them but I trust that the Sigma's are much better.   
Here is a link to Shunyata.

Dec 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #479 of 646
  The power supply doesn't replace the EC 445 power supply.  I got a Shunyata DCP-6 power distributor for my DAC, Transport, and other digital processors.  The 445 amp is on a Shunyata Triton power supply which is better for analog.  Anyway, the DCP-6 made a huge improvement in the overall sound quality of the system.  I also upgraded to new Shunyata Sigma power cords.  I sold my previous power cord on Audiogon before the new ones arrived, so I couldn't compare them but I trust that the Sigma's are much better.   
Here is a link to Shunyata.

thanks a lot... it help

Dec 14, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #480 of 646

I agree, I'm getting fantastic results with my 445.  I upgraded my digital power supply and power cord and added some Audio Magic Fuses to my digital components.  I still like my LCD-3F's with silver dragon 3 cables over the HD 800, but the HD-800 does sound excellent too.  I sent my LCD-3F's in for repairs and had to listen with my HD 800's for a couple weeks, it was a pleasure and I didn't really miss the LCD-3F's at all - just glad they're back  !!  :L3000:  
Interesting how you like the LCD3F for classical, I thought the LCD3 was too dark and closed in for that. The HD800 is magnificent for classical, esp after light Anax modding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back