The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
May 14, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #1,922 of 2,481
Over on the Indigogo page Echobox have said that they hope to have shipped the backer units by the end of this month :raised_hand::rolling_eyes::raised_back_of_hand:

"We are working hard to finalize the Explorer following the first round of deliveries, and are looking forward to delivering the remainder of units by the end of this month :)"
And:
", we are working hard to get the units out the door again, and feel confident that we should have them on their way to everyone by the end of the month :)"

These were the recent replies to questions on the IGG comments page.

May 15, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #1,923 of 2,481
Over on the Indigogo page Echobox have said that they hope to have shipped the backer units by the end of this month :raised_hand::rolling_eyes::raised_back_of_hand:

"We are working hard to finalize the Explorer following the first round of deliveries, and are looking forward to delivering the remainder of units by the end of this month :)"
And:
", we are working hard to get the units out the door again, and feel confident that we should have them on their way to everyone by the end of the month :)"

These were the recent replies to questions on the IGG comments page.

Oh OK, thanks for that..

May 15, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #1,924 of 2,481
Hey everyone! This is going to sound terribly silly, and to be fair it really is, but with the new Head-Fi update the link for subscribed threads changed, as did the email notification process, so I haven't been receiving any notifications on my end about this thread. I believe I have figured it out at this point, however, so I'm back!

Lot's of good news about the Explorer to report :) We have completed the redesign of the PCBA, reevaluated our wood and (as far as we can tell) solved the cracking issue, and have made some software/firmware tweaks that should assist with overall performance. We are very happy with how quickly all of these changes came together, and are still well on time for our June 19 launch (US) and following launches in foreign markets.

As for IGG backers, we are essentially waiting only for the new wood to be finished in the treatment and CNC process, and then we will begin redoing all laser engraving. Once that is done, they (and your docks and cases) will be on their way out the door

If you guys have any questions, please contact us at team@eboxaudio.com. I am running around prepping us for our global launch so my schedule is pretty packed, but our new CS rep Andre will be keeping an eye out here and is fully responsive over email. Get in touch!

Thanks everyone for your continued patience :)

PS: The "original 45" are absolutely not being pushed to the "back of the queue". If you are one of these 45 individuals, please email us (team@eboxaudio.com) and we will take care of you. ❤

May 16, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,925 of 2,481
Am I the only backer who's concerned that by the time we receive our units, the industry will have surpassed this tech with something else in the price range? I've now had my Onkyo player for about 1 year (thank God) because I got tired of waiting for the Echobox to come through. If I hadn't bought this I would have been forced to listen to my phone or my Fiio x3 for the past 3000+ hours I've been listening to music since then! Seriously!?!

Aren't any of you angry??? Disappointed??? Exhausted with this???
Similar to yourself I bought the Onkyo as a "Stop Gap" and again I also bought soon after release. My disappointment was with each proposed deadline being missed. I deal with it by not coming here and reading the posts as each promise seems to be missed.

I am hoping for a pleasant surprise one day either that or I change address just as my package is delivered.
Still keen on this but I believe newer technology and developments may well pass this one by.
Thankfully I have the Onkyo to fulfil my requirements.

May 17, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,926 of 2,481
Hey everyone! This is going to sound terribly silly, and to be fair it really is, but with the new Head-Fi update the link for subscribed threads changed, as did the email notification process, so I haven't been receiving any notifications on my end about this thread. I believe I have figured it out at this point, however, so I'm back!

Lot's of good news about the Explorer to report :) We have completed the redesign of the PCBA, reevaluated our wood and (as far as we can tell) solved the cracking issue, and have made some software/firmware tweaks that should assist with overall performance. We are very happy with how quickly all of these changes came together, and are still well on time for our June 19 launch (US) and following launches in foreign markets.

As for IGG backers, we are essentially waiting only for the new wood to be finished in the treatment and CNC process, and then we will begin redoing all laser engraving. Once that is done, they (and your docks and cases) will be on their way out the door

If you guys have any questions, please contact us at team@eboxaudio.com. I am running around prepping us for our global launch so my schedule is pretty packed, but our new CS rep Andre will be keeping an eye out here and is fully responsive over email. Get in touch!

Thanks everyone for your continued patience :)

PS: The "original 45" are absolutely not being pushed to the "back of the queue". If you are one of these 45 individuals, please email us (team@eboxaudio.com) and we will take care of you. ❤
Are we still on track to have new Tidal codes and EB shirts, too?

May 20, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #1,929 of 2,481
I'm not sure but I think the screen dimensions are the same as the iPhone 4, so one made for that might fit. Since you have an explorer already, I think, maybe try measuring the diagonals and see is they match those specified for the 4. Ecbobox really should consider including a couple with the device. Even much less expensive players include them. Those kinds of little touches really help to make a good first impression.

May 21, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #1,930 of 2,481
Does anyone know of a good screen protector that will fit the explorer? I know there are the ones you can cut yourself but im hoping to find something that'll fit without the hassle.
I found an old phone screen protector(can't remember what phone) and cut it to fit and am sure glad I did because the design of the explorer leaves the screen a little exposed and I am sure the protector has prevented scratches to the screen as I put it down screen side down to protect that lovely wooden body.

May 21, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1,931 of 2,481
I found an old phone screen protector(can't remember what phone) and cut it to fit and am sure glad I did because the design of the explorer leaves the screen a little exposed and I am sure the protector has prevented scratches to the screen as I put it down screen side down to protect that lovely wooden body.

Is the screen Gorilla Glass or didnt EB ever specify? I've never damaged either the screen or the body of any device I've ever owned, but it seems like this device might be more fragile. Hopefully the cracking of the wood really is fixed because I'd be more worried about that than scratches to the screen. I think EB said the cracking was fixed " as far as they could tell" .

May 21, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #1,932 of 2,481
Is the screen Gorilla Glass or didnt EB ever specify? I've never damaged either the screen or the body of any device I've ever owned, but it seems like this device might be more fragile. Hopefully the cracking of the wood really is fixed because I'd be more worried about that than scratches to the screen. I think EB said the cracking was fixed " as far as they could tell" .
Not sure what the front screen material is but it would be nice if it were Gorilla glass. As far as the cracking is concerned, I certainly hope this issue is resolved.

May 23, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #1,933 of 2,481
Since I have been gone for a while, and they changed the webpage, I noticed when searching for, "Echobox" that several of the original 45 have already put their Explorers up for sale. Would you guys Mind chiming in on the reasons you sold them? Ie, ElMariachi, Shanecg32, etc.

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,934 of 2,481

I did the same thing but it looks pretty lame, I'm hoping to find something a little more custom fit.

May 23, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #1,935 of 2,481
Since I have been gone for a while, and they changed the webpage, I noticed when searching for, "Echobox" that several of the original 45 have already put their Explorers up for sale. Would you guys Mind chiming in on the reasons you sold them? Ie, ElMariachi, Shanecg32, etc.
I didn't sell mine. I almost immediately put everything up for sale. It's the only way I can keep up with this hobby . I decided to hang on to the Explorer to see what it has to offer when it reaches its full potential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back