The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Mar 6, 2017 at 6:09 PM Post #1,711 of 2,481
Holy mystical unicorns batman....its released to the wild.....
eek.gif

F5 F5
blink.gif

An....tic.......i.........pa.......tion.............
biggrin.gif

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
beerchug.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Mar 6, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #1,712 of 2,481
It reminds me heavily of a slightly airier. more detailed Cowon P1, perfect match for something neutral or a slightly bit treble leaning, my CE6P loves this. No regrets selling the 300R in the slightest. There are some UI/Software issues definitely that hopefully can be ironed out soon.

A couple of things to keep in mind, far as I can tell the player only supports 2G Wifi networks and Mac compatibility is at the moment no go. Spotify is a bit buggy on this not sure why but it could use some work, especially irritating is the fact that it keeps thinking it is not connected while it is - browser works. It also has an annoying click if you change songs manually on Spotify. However I know that the player is built around internal storage and Tidal and I need to try it with that.

On the other hand I have been playing music 3 hours give or take. Battery drain ? I am at 94% from just around 99% when the player was turned on. No kidding and that is me streaming! Pioneer 300R? 4-5 hours on a full charge, P1 6 on a good day 3 1/2 on a bad, X7 6-9 depending on the weather... Who the heck cares about a great screen if you need to be chasing plugs?

I will write up some more impressions later on once I have had more time with it especially when I have had a chance to play with the built-in player. 

Software niggles aside Echobox seem to have nailed the important bits - SQ, built quality, battery life.

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #1,713 of 2,481
Got mine today! Love the quality of the unit but I can't figure out how to load music on this thing!!!! I have seven other DAP's and was able to use them straight out of the box with no problem. I have an Android phone and have no problem with it either but for the life of me I can't figure out how to load music on this thing??? My Mac doesn't recognize it when plugged in with the supplied USB cable. The DAP does not recognize any of my sd cards when I plug them in as well. Can only stream limited internet radio stations via wifi. Can't get Pandora to work either, or Deezer, or Spotify or any others I tried. I'm stumped. Maybe I have a defective unit or I am really dumb. Any help appreciated. Cheers. 

Mar 6, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #1,714 of 2,481
Got mine today! Love the quality of the unit but I can't figure out how to load music on this thing!!!! I have seven other DAP's and was able to use them straight out of the box with no problem. I have an Android phone and have no problem with it either but for the life of me I can't figure out how to load music on this thing??? My Mac doesn't recognize it when plugged in with the supplied USB cable. The DAP does not recognize any of my sd cards when I plug them in as well. Can only stream limited internet radio stations via wifi. Can't get Pandora to work either, or Deezer, or Spotify or any others I tried. I'm stumped. Maybe I have a defective unit or I am really dumb. Any help appreciated. Cheers. 

If you're using a Mac, you need to download an application called Android File Transfer. It should work if you have that?

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #1,716 of 2,481
  It reminds me heavily of a slightly airier. more detailed Cowon P1, perfect match for something neutral or a slightly bit treble leaning, my CE6P loves this. No regrets selling the 300R in the slightest. There are some UI/Software issues definitely that hopefully can be ironed out soon.

A couple of things to keep in mind, far as I can tell the player only supports 2G Wifi networks and Mac compatibility is at the moment no go. Spotify is a bit buggy on this not sure why but it could use some work, especially irritating is the fact that it keeps thinking it is not connected while it is - browser works. It also has an annoying click if you change songs manually on Spotify. However I know that the player is built around internal storage and Tidal and I need to try it with that.

On the other hand I have been playing music 3 hours give or take. Battery drain ? I am at 94% from just around 99% when the player was turned on. No kidding and that is me streaming! Pioneer 300R? 4-5 hours on a full charge, P1 6 on a good day 3 1/2 on a bad, X7 6-9 depending on the weather... Who the heck cares about a great screen if you need to be chasing plugs?

I will write up some more impressions later on once I have had more time with it especially when I have had a chance to play with the built-in player. 

Software niggles aside Echobox seem to have nailed the important bits - SQ, built quality, battery life.

Can you hear any hiss in silent passages/with empty test tracks when using your CE6P?

Mar 7, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #1,717 of 2,481

Spotify works but it is a little bit buggy on it and yes unless you use AFT neither cards nor the player connected directly get recognised on a Mac

Mar 7, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #1,719 of 2,481
Mine just arrived from hk, I must admit when I saw music player in my Dhl package I was like what player?

Love the stickers bearing my name on packaging, good touch!

I remember the last time I saw it was canjam Singapore last year, fast forward this year to receive.

Happy to report the finished mahagony unit met expectations in terms of build and personalization with the engraving. It has a solid heft and weight feels finely balanced like holding onto a pommel of a well balanced sword.

Excellent build kudos to team

UI wise stripped down version of android no google play store, tested with tidal.

Earphones dunu 2002 , was concerned volume pot sounded low but actually for IEMS at least it sounds really fine. Overall I would describe as neutral performance without much coloring which is good, i will not describe it as being warm but probably more towards the clinical side.

Will reserve comment to test with headphones to see how it fares, this is out of box description with 10 mins listening time.

Concerns would be on protecting this nice music wooden tumbler it doesn't look like it will survive falling to the ground, so looking forward to the leather case for sure.

Need to figure how to load Spotify in next as I use both tidal and Spotify.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #1,720 of 2,481
Mine just arrived from hk, I must admit when I saw music player in my Dhl package I was like what player?

Love the stickers bearing my name on packaging, good touch!

I remember the last time I saw it was canjam Singapore last year, fast forward this year to receive.

Happy to report the finished mahagony unit met expectations in terms of build and personalization with the engraving. It has a solid heft and weight feels finely balanced like holding onto a pommel of a well balanced sword.

Excellent build kudos to team

UI wise stripped down version of android no google play store, tested with tidal.

Earphones dunu 2002 , was concerned volume pot sounded low but actually for IEMS at least it sounds really fine. Overall I would describe as neutral performance without much coloring which is good, i will not describe it as being warm but probably more towards the clinical side.

Will reserve comment to test with headphones to see how it fares, this is out of box description with 10 mins listening time.

Concerns would be on protecting this nice music wooden tumbler it doesn't look like it will survive falling to the ground, so looking forward to the leather case for sure.

Need to figure how to load Spotify in next as I use both tidal and Spotify.

Spotify loading is child's play, go to an apk site, download the apk file for Spotify into your player. On your player click the APK manager click install navigate to the location you saved the APK file and away you go. 

Build quality is really fantastic on it, really love the feel of the player and actually quite like the lighter wood as well.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #1,724 of 2,481
Yeah, I'm in the same boat - just thought a few other backers might have received theirs by now.  I'm curious about the reported differences in volume adjustment when it comes to the pot vs the control in UAPP...and the apparent problems with Spotify are a little disheartening, although I understand that it's not natively supported.  I'm looking forward to hearing how people are fairing with listening to files on SD cards...

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #1,725 of 2,481

Really digging this dap. So far the sound seems very coherent, like everything is in the right place. Thats all I can say on sound so far as it's still early. It powers the hd650 with ease.
UI is a little buggy. The knob doesn't work with UAPP. There is a setting in UAPP for "hardware volume" , but when you go to it it says, "This device has no hardware control." The volume control in UAPP seems to work much better then the android volume control (which is controlled by the knob). The big problem is that the two volume controls cancel each other out so if you are using the volume control in UAPP and accidentally move the knob, it reverts back to android volume.
Other issue I'm having is with wifi connection. I was able to use it on Monday with Tidal (tidal can be played both through the tidal app and UAPP) but as of yesterday, it shows that I have a wifi connection but I can't stream. Im guessing its an android issue but I don't know enough about it to fix myself.
Last issue is a slight pop when switching tracks. This one is kind of annoying.
I'm sure these issues will be fixed with updates and a little patience. I've put a couple emails out to echobox.

Edit: couple more things. You can't touch the home button while in Tidal or UAPP. It causes the app to shutdown. I finally got my sdcard to work. I had to format it with the explorer and then reload all my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back