The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Mar 2, 2017 at 8:08 AM Post #1,696 of 2,481
Just a quick update for everyone with regards to the contents of the explorer packaging, tidal codes and t shirts.

Inside the Box:

As you know, as part of the IndieGoGo campaign you are all receiving a complimentary Leather Case and Charging Dock. Unfortunately the supplies for these did not arrive in time to go out with your explorer, so we will be shipping it to you separately at a later date. You should expect to receive them within the month :)

Tidal Codes:

I will be working on sending everyone their TIDAL codes over the next week and will do my best to make it happen as quickly as possible!

T Shirts:

I will be shipping your shirts directly from the US starting next week, so stay tuned for tracking info.

Tracking Numbers for Explorer:

I will be sending out tracking information as I receive it from DHL, the timing of which is beyond my control. Let's hope they are quick! :)

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #1,697 of 2,481
Great news fellas!!! I haven't used my Finders for yonk in anticipation for their perfect pairing with my Explorer! Look forward to this arriving down here in Australia, it's also good timing as my trusty Sony NWZ-A15 is on it's last legs!

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #1,703 of 2,481
I don't see deleted posts. But I think the reply to @henricks is what he's referring to.

Yeah, I'm not really sure! To answer his question, though, no, this is not the launch, only the initial delivery to Indiegogo backers :) Launch will likely be sometime in May or June, and we will roll out the fanfare for it :wink:

Mar 6, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #1,707 of 2,481
And so the long wait begins! I'm estimating I'll be in the third batch at least, so looking forward to hearing some initial impressions while the weeks roll on until mine makes it off the production line. Helps pass the time! :wink:

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #1,710 of 2,481
It has arrived. I've put some initial impressions over here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/816464/echobox-audio-explorer-impressions-and-discussion-thread.

Some pretty pictures, too. This thing kills with HD600. Solid. Clear sound, some UI wonkiness, I'll be communicating to Sam so they can get to work getting it completely polished. I can confirm that USB OTG 32GB read with no problem. Library scan was a bit slow, especially after the lightning in a bottle M1S and i5. Be patient. I have a feeling that the amp circuit will improve further with some time.

Sample pic:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back