The Official Echobox Explorer Thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #1,477 of 2,481
I'm waiting until 2106 maximum then I'm done and getting a DX8000.

Dec 13, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #1,478 of 2,481
I just wrote to Sam at Echobox via Facebook, and he says that the company is going to launch the Explorer at CES and that the units will ship after that. I don't feel like I'm saying anything he wouldn't tell you directly, so if you have questions, try talking with him. I, for one, am really looking forward to the middle of January!

Dec 13, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #1,479 of 2,481
  I just wrote to Sam at Echobox via Facebook, and he says that the company is going to launch the Explorer at CES and that the units will ship after that. I don't feel like I'm saying anything he wouldn't tell you directly, so if you have questions, try talking with him. I, for one, am really looking forward to the middle of January!

How LONG after that is the question.  Previous timelines EB has provided have been unreliable, so asking for specific dates doesn't really seem worthwhile.  I think mid-January is probably pretty unlikely as they are already mentioning February on their Facebook.  Eventually it will ship, as it looks like it is in working condition in the many photos posted, but I'm expecting (hoping) later in Q1 2017.  I think if the certifications had been completed we would have been informed, so that could be a hurdle even if/when the units are ready, and Sam has said previously he has no way of knowing or controlling how long that will take.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #1,482 of 2,481
Now that other streaming Android players are coming out that even have Play Store access and a larger screen, and are less expensive than the Explorer retail price, I wonder how successful it will be.

Dec 16, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #1,484 of 2,481
Would you mind sharing the names of those particular streaming DAPs with us?

Cayin i5 would be one.
As one of those who got the chance to demo the Explorer and liked what I heard, I was not particularly annoyed each time a new delay was announced. However, I am now thinking that I might really have to pull the trigger on something else seeing as I received my ciem two months ago and an iPhone is just not cutting it, which is a real shame and rather painful as a student with a limited budget.

Dec 16, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #1,485 of 2,481
Yes, the Cayin I5 is the latest lower-priced competitor and is being very well-received.  Pioneer's original player is also less expensive at this point, not sure  about the price of their new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back